Old 04-27-14, 09:08 PM
RChung
Perceptual Dullard

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 919 Post(s)
Liked 1,155 Times in 494 Posts
Originally Posted by canam73
This is where I think you need to consider your audience a bit more. Yes, you qualified your answer and I understand what you are saying, but the person asking "what do you think of the Stages?" won't. They haven't a knowledge base of what will or won't be important to them down the road. When you come in saying 'look out there, you won't get good enough data for the rchung method of drag estimation' they haven't a clue if that is important or not. And in most cases it just isn't.
Fair enough, but I have never said that it is important for most riders. You can look in this thread or in other threads or in other forums -- I've never said that. I wrote in #22: "I wouldn't use it for QA analyses, or for drag estimation, or for sprint training, but not many people do those kinds of things." What's misleading about that? In post #110 , I also wrote: "It's not hard to show that you can get better measurements of drag from a Power Tap than from a Stages. Whether that's important is a different question and perhaps one worth addressing -- whether the PT is more accurate and more consistent really isn't." What parts of what I wrote in #110 do you think are misleading?

[Edited to add] On reviewing my posts in this thread, I see that I only brought up my estimation method after thill454 brought it up, and I only listed some of the people who use it to show that it's not just me who thinks it can be done. Or you can believe achoo who continues to think it is impossible -- and he has an MSEE.

BTW, I think there's a place for the Stages. I think it can be a good gateway drug.

Last edited by RChung; 04-27-14 at 09:43 PM.