View Single Post
Old 08-11-14, 11:05 AM
LastKraftWagen

Bikes: Burley Duet [of some unknown year] (the guinea pig); 2001 Ventana ECDM (the project); And always one less than I think I really need.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by jimc101
Are you aware that just because you can use adapters for the hubs, you can't just resize the dropouts by bending the frame to take a 12x142 hub, you would need to to have the appropriate mount/threading added if using a 12x142mm hub, as all of these are thru-axles, a different design to a 135mm. have a look here for what the specs are 12 mm x 142 mm Axle Standard Explained - Pinkbike

When you asked this question in the mechanics forum http://www.bikeforums.net/bicycle-me...questions.html, you made it sound like you were using one wheel on 2 different bikes, which can be done, not the what you are describing in this thread with one frame and two hub sizes

One wheel, two different bikes. Wanting to convert my 145mm OLD to 135mm and use the 142x12 on the new frame designed for it. Different questions for the overall concept in the two different forums. Did reference in the OP that I wanted my chromoly frame resized to 135mm and may consider the 142x12TA convert...

Last edited by LastKraftWagen; 08-11-14 at 11:12 AM.