edawg55

Bikes: Raleigh Merit 3

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't see any option to thank replies so thanks. lol

Originally Posted by ClydeTim
Being a Clyde I am not a fan of low entry level bikes. The components may work OK but as mentioned, 105 is nice and durable. Low end components are bothersome as one must keep making adjustments.

The Gina bike has low spoke count wheels (24/28) and the Trek doesn't list the spoke count. But in my experience, you will be spending some cash for a new rear wheel not long after you buy a low end bike. I thrash stock wheels like there is no tomorrow on bikes that cost $1500-$2000.

Start saving for a good set of wheels, or maybe even just a strong hand built rear wheel at your weight.
Man that sounds like I'm really heavy. lol I have some muscle but working on the damn beer belly. hehe

Originally Posted by decentdrummer91
One more thing don't apologize for being a noob. And don't let idiots try to make you feel bad for asking, I made a post asking for information and some people who are angry at life tried to makenme feel dumb. But their plans failed 😃
thanks. I just want a bike quick because it's going to get cold soon well surprisingly it was 80 a few days which is crazy for November in Ohio. I know I shouldn't rush getting a bike though.