Old 02-09-17, 06:26 AM
drlogik 

Bikes: '87-ish Pinarello Montello; '89 Nishiki Ariel; '85 Raleigh Wyoming, '16 Wabi Special, '16 Wabi Classic, '14 Kona Cinder Cone

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked 409 Times in 255 Posts
CB_HI,

Here again you didn't actually READ what I wrote, which was:

If I inadvertently run a stop sign and there was no close call and no clear imminent danger to a cyclist or pedestrian and they hit my car?
That means there was no harm at all and they merely saw me run a stop sign. That means they have no cause to hit my car. NO cause at all!

Get it?

Instead of attacking an opinion post, how about stopping for a moment and thinking about what you are typing.

Dave Cutter above gets it.

I think you forget that I'm a cyclist too. I've been riding, by myself, on the road, for more than 50 years. I've seen it all. If nothing else I've gained a lot of wisdom over those 50 years on how to handle just about any situation on the road.

One cardinal rule I abide by is this: if you bring it on, expect it to come!

I NEVER do anything to bring it on, but I will defend myself to the full extent possible if I am physically threatened and cannot escape. I'll flee if at all possible rather than put my life on the line for a stupid nutcase wacko motorist.

That motorist did two things wrong: 1) She ran a stop sign and 2) She pulled a knife.
The cyclist did one thing wrong: 1) He hit the car. But there again, we don't have the facts on whether it was justified or not.

Quite frankly, what if the cyclist had a screw loose and was carrying a gun and killed the motorist? Yeah, that cuts both ways, doesn't it?

Suffice to say that the motorist felt threatened enough, and was crazy enough to pull a knife. It could have been a gun and a double homicide.

-

Last edited by drlogik; 02-09-17 at 10:33 AM.