Old 02-28-07, 10:03 AM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by LastPlace
I was unable to get the links poster earlier to work, so I may be repeating what others have said but the best tool I have found is a 'TIRE BEAD JACK'. I don't have a picture but it cost me about ten dollars at the lbs that ordered it for me. It is for remounting a tire but doesn't help with getting a tire off the rim. Also, I put some vaseline on the last part of the rim that I'm trying to push the bite back onto.

As for getting the tire off, I would suggest a longer tire lever than the smaller ones people usually carry. The picture posted by sour01 seems to be a longet unit.

Just Google 'Tire Bead Jack'. Ten dollars and about three ounces.
I guess I would comment that with proper technique, removing and mounting a tire is not a big job, and generally does not require any equipment other than your hands.

Of course, this would NOT apply to someone who has tendonitis - a different story.

But, I can't believe all the folks who have specialized equipment for what is a pretty easy and simple operation. You can't all have tendonitis?

I can even get my Specialized Armadillos (as tough as they get) on and off without tools, and that is four different tires on two different sets of rims.

Last edited by DnvrFox; 02-28-07 at 10:10 AM.