Old 03-02-07, 09:03 PM
Little Darwin
The Improbable Bulk

Bikes: Many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Customer service is virtually dead everywhere, why would you expect to find it on eBay?

Unfortunately eBay has evolved to give the power to sellers. The few times I have sold on eBay, I do like it always used to be done, I leave positive feedback as soon as I receive payment and ship the item. The current norm is for a seller to not leave feedback until they receive feedback so they can use their feedback as retaliation instead of making the customer happy to get the positive feedback.

If this weren't the case, I would say to leave negative feedback. But, unfortunately in the screwed up customer is always wrong environment that is western society today, you have no recourse unless you don't mind the negative feedback.

I still hold to the position that as soon as the buyer has paid they have fulfilled their obligation, and deserve the appropriate feedback.

If a seller only posts feedback in response to buyer feedback it is like proclaiming that you will not do what it takes to make the transaction right. It is saying that the seller refuses to satisfy the buyer because they might not be happy with the purchase, and the seller is the only one that matters.

People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson