ban guzzi
circus bear

Bikes: 97(?) GT Richochet, 00 Schwinn SuperSport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Upgrades for DX2000

I know, not an overly popular bike but I LOVE riding this thing! I would really like to upgrade the components but I'm pretty confused about how to go about it. All these brands and choices!
I really want to keep the Sakae Crank and I even like the stampings on the drop bars. I HATE the brakes, the wheels will be switched out for 700s' this winter, prolly Deep-V's since Im a Clyde...with high-hubs?! Brake recommendations are welcome...Dia Compes currently. Adjusted good, just kinda slow to react and a bit of shudder now and then. Not sure if thats due to the older, but true front wheel or what...
I know component choices involve alot of personal preference but I'm looking for a good place to start at so I can keep this bike for awhile!

The biggest issue is the rear hub. I'm told its a freewheel not a cassette with the older spacing on the rear end. The LBS wants to spread the rear and hook up a modern 8-10. I rather like the old 6!
I did a search but came up with not alot that made sense to me. Also looked in on the Mechanic forum. Turns out this is the place to ask.

ps~ I actually like friction shifting so brifters hold no interest for me...
Thanks in advance for any pointers...