View Single Post
Old 12-28-07, 09:54 AM
cuda2k
Unique Vintage Steel

Bikes: Kirk Frameworks JKS-C, Serotta Nova, Gazelle AB-Frame, Fuji Team Issue, Surly Straggler

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 225 Times in 56 Posts
Interesting Paramount spotted at LBS

Last night I was killing a bit of time waiting for my LBS to true up one of my rear wheels (which my own efforts at fixing was only making it worse) and I make a cruise through the back of the shop where the used inventory is. There was the 52cm `86 Dave Moulton Fuso with full Dura Ace, a number of Serottas of varying ages, a Fuji which I couldn't tell if it was originally a flat bar or a later convert, couple of low end Schwinns, along with the usual lightly used moderns.

Then another row of bikes caught my eye, hanging even higher in the rafters, well beyond my reach. The first bike in this row had a 3-tone Red, White & Blue paint job and could make out the words Paramount boldly displayed on several surfaces including down the front of the fork blades. Appeared that it was fitted with 7400 series Dura-Ace so it would be a mid to late 80's bike, but was a very different paint scheme than I usually see on these later Schwinn Paramounts and my searches online have resulted in nothing close to it.

Didn't have a camera with me, though might have to go back to see if my digital camera will grab a decent shot of it this weekend. I know I have the zoom to get a close up, but the lighting, well, not the best.