View Single Post
Old 11-16-04, 07:03 PM
jeff williams
I couldn't car less.

Bikes: Ritchey P-series prototype, Diamondback, Nishiki Triathelon Pro.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Last thing I want is a Trek just like everybody elses. My frame is 14 years old -ancient for a mtb. I get strange looks at bike racks -almost every bike mech that seen my frankienbike says they want to find a R, that they all started racing R's...

Fact is -handbuilt is the stuff, and you'll pay big bucks now, just like years ago. Quality workmanship is pricey....A $200 paint job isn't going to save you when I come on the trail behind you.

Why the hell do Alu bikes weigh 30+ pounds..and my chromoly mtb WITH chromoly stem and seatpost weighs 22??? Oh sure it's a light metal, Alu...but you need supersize tubes and a wack of suspension so it won't crack....

I have found a new frame though...chromoly dh bike frame, but not a loser big company...little guys who have a rep and work hard to keep it. If i bought say a Cannondale and it snapped, I'd NEVER ride their bikes again...replacement? Why? I didn't die the first time so you want me to wreck AGAIN?

Components ...well, I like new parts, that part of developement I got use for...friction shifters...man those sucked.

Got pics of your nasty ride? I stripped off my paint..now the frame has a nice patina >orange...guess I better finish the clear coat...

"Sure is a light bike...didn't know aluminium rusted?" I wrap my tubes in white hockey tape and rub the chain grease off on it. The uglier, older the bike >sweeter the victory.

I love chasing roadies...I blow them off the line..maybe fight for a mile or 2...they always get me on endurance....unless we come to a hill >then I sprint...maybe if i had more than 7 gears...but man, gimmie that 10T cog and i'm going to fly!

City racings fun...kinda dangerous tho.