Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

LIVESTRONG bands not so strong

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-04, 12:13 AM
I drink your MILKSHAKE

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Rockhopper FSR Comp, 1999 Specialized Hardrock Comp FS, 1971 Schwinn Varsity

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I really wish they'd make two sizes of the LIVESTRONG band. I have a reason for this: I broke mine today trying to put it back on after cleaning up from a messy chore. It broke right through the S where I would have thought one of the straight letters would have been more vulnerable. Unfortunately the bands just fits around my wrist without danger of cutting of circulation. My problem lies in the fact that I take mine off whenever I work on something to keep it from getting nasty. I realize that it's just a dollar and it's going to a good cause it just sucks that the bloody thing just snapped like that. I've already replaced it and this thread is just me blowing off a bit of steam. <end of grumble>

Perhaps I could devise a small quick release, but how would I attach it?
Old 07-13-04, 07:26 AM

Bikes: Giant OCR1/Specialized Epic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Raiyn
I really wish they'd make two sizes of the LIVESTRONG band. I have a reason for this: I broke mine today trying to put it back on after cleaning up from a messy chore. It broke right through the S where I would have thought one of the straight letters would have been more vulnerable. Unfortunately the bands just fits around my wrist without danger of cutting of circulation. My problem lies in the fact that I take mine off whenever I work on something to keep it from getting nasty. I realize that it's just a dollar and it's going to a good cause it just sucks that the bloody thing just snapped like that. I've already replaced it and this thread is just me blowing off a bit of steam. <end of grumble>

I had one break in the same spot, after I removed it for dish duty and tried to but it back on.(and it was too big).
Old 07-13-04, 07:28 AM

Bikes: Cervelo Soliost

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You dont get much for a buck anymore.
Old 07-13-04, 07:39 AM
X-Large Member

Bikes: 2004 Rivendell Atlantis, 2004 Thorn eXp, 2004 Bob Brown Cycles Custom

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
As long as it fits Ms. Crow's wrist... it's all good.
Old 07-13-04, 07:45 AM
Licensed Bike Geek

Bikes: Look 585, Kirk Terraplane, Serotta Ottrott, Spectrum Super Custom, Hampsten Carbon Leger Tournesol

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Raiyn

There are several different sizes of the band. I noticed this when I got two of them at my LBS. One is small and fits my wifes wrist just a little loosely, the other larger and is a loose fit on my wrist.
Old 07-13-04, 08:11 AM
Crank Crushing Redneck

Bikes: Bikes are environmentally damaging

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I hope you live stronger than that band did
Old 07-13-04, 03:50 PM
cab horn

Bikes: 1987 Bianchi Campione

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
Lol...
Old 07-13-04, 11:09 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Davet
There are several different sizes of the band. I noticed this when I got two of them at my LBS. One is small and fits my wifes wrist just a little loosely, the other larger and is a loose fit on my wrist.
I don't think that they are made in different sizes. However they do seem to stretch and change shape depending on how they are worn. I ordered them from the site and there was definately no size choice.
Old 07-14-04, 01:18 PM

Bikes: Cervelo P2K, Cannondale R1000

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
They are made in two different sizes, adult and youth.
Old 07-14-04, 02:15 PM
The Red Lantern

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
just leave it on. Nothing sticks to it. I have worn my 24/7 for two weeks, running riding, working on bikes all day, tinkering on cars in the evening, working in the yard, nothing fazes it.

I am in the woods and I have gone crazy.
Old 07-18-04, 01:42 AM
Da Big Kahuna

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hollow
They are made in two different sizes, adult and youth.
Yep, I ordered some of each. When they arrived, the bag (10 in each) that had the youth size was so labelled. The adult size didn't say anything.

I think it was a little confusing on the website when I was looking for them. The youth size says that on the site, but the adult size doesn't actually say anything (just like the bags with the items when you get them). When you choose to "buy now", there is a place that does say there are two sizes and that this is the adult size, but it might be overlooked even then.

Bob