I have the opportunity to purchase a 198? Panasonic Team America with full DA for $550. The components are as follows:
* Frame Size: 58 cm
* Frame: Columbus SP & SL Cr-Mo double butted tubes, lostwax head and seat lugs, Shimano EF forged ends and Shimano New Dura Ace sealed B.B. set.
* Fork: Columbus SP blades, Tange C-10 lostwax crown, Shimano EF forged ends and Shimano New Dura Ace sealed head set.
* Handlebar: Nitto No. 165, Maes alloy
* Stem: Nitto Pearl, Forged alloy
* Saddle: Selle Italia Super Turbo with Shimano Dura Ace EX seat post.
* Crankset: Shimano New Dura Ace 53/42T
* Freewheel: Shimano New Dura Ace 6-speed 12-19T, Cassette type.
* Chain: Shimano 600 UG Silver,
* Hubs: Shimano New Dura Ace, Freehub sealed mechanisms 32H
* Rear Derailleur: Shimano New Dura Ace (7400) S.I.S.
* Front Derailleur: Shimano New Dura Ace (7400)
* Shifting Lever: Shimano New Dura Ace S.I.S., brazed on down tube mounted.
* Brakes: Shimano New Dura Ace BR-7400, alloy side pull with Dura Ace AX aero levers.
* Rims: 1 Araya Aero tubular ADX-4, 32h, 1 Wolber Aero 32h
* Tires: Continental Giros tulular
* Spokes: Stainless 14G
* Pedals: 1st gen. Look Clipless
* Color: Special Tri Color Paint
I'm just wondering what your thoughts are on the seller's valuation of this bike. Do I bite or do I wait for another Japanese or Dutch racer to come along. I've been looking for a really nice Japanese bike since I discovered a crack in my Miyata 710.