My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix, Bianchi San Jose, '87 Schwinn Super Sport
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone tried one of these?

Selle An-Atomica

I really liked certain aspects of my Brooks B.17, but not the numbness and perineal pressure that it was causing. This looks like it might work.

Steve

Berry Pie..the Holy Grail GrannyGear's Avatar
    Weaving thru the cowpud outside Modesto CA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grant Peterson put a brief mention, not really an endorsement, in one of his recent "RivReaders". Appaently the An Atomica people strip the finish, cut the saddle, and refinish it in 6 or 7 shades--your choice. There are 3 models or widths with 3 cut-outs providing different degrees of support. With extra reinforcement to prolong saddle life, you pay extra. I wonder what the "slotting" of the saddle does to its overall life and resisitance to sag. And that's all I know or think I know.

If someone tries an An-Atomica, please review it here.
    ..... "I renewed my youth, to outward appearance, by mounting a bicycle for the first time." Mark Twain, Speeches

Get A Life - Get A Bike cheeseflavor's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix, Bianchi San Jose, '87 Schwinn Super Sport
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrannyGear
    Grant Peterson put a brief mention, not really an endorsement, in one of his recent "RivReaders". Appaently the An Atomica people strip the finish, cut the saddle, and refinish it in 6 or 7 shades--your choice. There are 3 models or widths with 3 cut-outs providing different degrees of support. With extra reinforcement to prolong saddle life, you pay extra. I wonder what the "slotting" of the saddle does to its overall life and resisitance to sag. And that's all I know or think I know.
    I should have dug a bit more before I posted, but here's another post by someone who purchased one. Definitely is a hacked Brooks. Maybe I'll try that with my B.17 Champion Special and see how it works. Doesn't look that difficult to do.

Hmmm...

On the other hand, I really do like my Alias. Decisions, decisions...

Steve