Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Perhaps it is just 50+'rs inability to adjust??

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Perhaps it is just 50+'rs inability to adjust??

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-09, 09:12 PM
just keep riding

Bikes: 2018 Black Mountain Cycles MCD,2017 Advocate Cycles Seldom Seen Drop Bar, 2017 Niner Jet 9 Alloy, 2015 Zukas custom road, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB, 1980ish Fuji S-12S

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
Looks like they did get the new thread problem with IE fixed. No more having to tab over several times to find the box.
Old 12-09-09, 06:51 PM
gone ride'n

Bikes: Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tom Stormcrowe
I think we have the Internet Explorer issue mostly fixed, at least.

We'll be addressing the posting font size soon, as well. Believe it or not, though, it's the same size as the font was in the old BF, just a different characterset. Tahoma instead of Arial.
Tom,

I usually take off in the winter and come back here in the spring. This year I was planning to stay on as I worked through the winter on a trainer.
I hate to say this but I am so frustrated with the way this POS web site is working on both Mozilla and IE6 even after the so-called fix that I am going to wait until next spring to see how the upgrades are working out. I just don't have the time to be your guinea pig for free. I only hope your web weenies in India or where every the heck they are stop taking lessons in quality control for software from the folks in Redmond.

To my dear friends on the Forum - have a good Christmas, a safe winter and I'll check back in some time in March or April and hopefully they will have their act together.

C-YA
Old 12-10-09, 01:59 PM
Rides again

Bikes: Giant OCR T, Trek SC

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I don't like the new software. It does not work as well, so I go to other sites and spend much less time here, less than 1/2 what used to.

Issues I have:
1- quote bubble gets duplicated 2-8 times when scroll down the page, covering new comments
2- thread list per item is way too large so can' see as many threads on a page,
3- when making a reply and accidently hit a wrong button, when return text input is lost.

Executive summary: it's no longer fun to browse the site.
Old 12-10-09, 02:46 PM
just keep riding

Bikes: 2018 Black Mountain Cycles MCD,2017 Advocate Cycles Seldom Seen Drop Bar, 2017 Niner Jet 9 Alloy, 2015 Zukas custom road, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB, 1980ish Fuji S-12S

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
Too bad I don't have to write term papers for Sociology anymore. I think I could have come up with a good one about the different ways people react to this change.
Old 12-10-09, 03:06 PM
Banned.

Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by BluesDawg
Too bad I don't have to write term papers for Sociology anymore. I think I could have come up with a good one about the different ways people react to this change.
My guess is that if one had never seen the previous BFN skin and workings, and one was brand new to the forum, you would generally be pleased with what you found!!

Not perfection, but pleased.
Old 12-10-09, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by DnvrFox
My guess is that if one had never seen the previous BFN skin and workings, and one was brand new to the forum, you would generally be pleased with what you found!!

Not perfection, but pleased.
True that! But then i have Safari which i and others find works ok. here.I would be really frustrated if i had something different and things were'nt working for me.
Old 12-10-09, 03:49 PM
Banned.

Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by ddez
True that! But then i have Safari which i and others find works ok. here.I would be really frustrated if i had something different and things were'nt working for me.
I have IE 7, IE 8 and AOL, and it has been working on all three and I have been posting ever since the change. The only problem I had was the b;ank "subscribed threads" screen, which I quickly figured a way around, and is fixed now.
Old 12-11-09, 03:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
This is the very first time I've been able to log on without multiple attempts so I guess they are working on the software. But, this rollout strongly reminds me of the bad old days when the users were the beta testers. Software was commonly put in service without more than rudimentary testing. The smart folks changed their test regime the not so smart went out of business.

One real benefit to me though is more time to do actual things instead of hanging out on this forum.
Old 12-12-09, 04:31 AM
Boomer

Bikes: Diamondback Clarity II frame homebuilt.

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 16098 Post(s)
Liked 1,457 Times in 1,064 Posts
Don't build a box around yourself and you won't have to think outside it.

stolen from the post above and saved in the archives for when I feel that I can't adjust to new things.
Old 12-12-09, 05:48 AM
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BluesDawg
My initial thoughts on the new interface- was " It is Different". Then found a few bugs that have gradually gone away- have been rectified- or I found a way round them. It was frustrating to find that I could not post pics as an attachment any longer- asked a few questions and found a way to do it. Then the Problem was fixed after a few weeks.

My only problem now is that I have to experiment on how to use some of the new "features" that are available. Haven't found them all yet- but dare say someone will and then the fun will start---------- again.

Now I have to admit that I used to be in IT and Marketing. That position within my company no longer exists and my knowledge and interest in IT has wained. So much so that I can't be bothered to find out for myself- so probably like a lot of you,I ask questions and I get answers.

Now how do I get this posted without upsetting new members that don't remember that I am only a Pommie and I need translation for a lot of things.

Spike Milligan