Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Last new bike arrived - should be interesting

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Last new bike arrived - should be interesting

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-10, 02:55 PM
Rides again

Bikes: Giant OCR T, Trek SC

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Di2 is way too expensive so far. In the next several days, I will add lights, and then within two weeks a cyclometer. The only other item I need to figure out is hydration. I haven't decided between a camelbak type insert in back pack or just use normal water bottles. Problem with water bottles is it wrecks the clean design. The problem with water pack is keeping out mold and plastic taste. I have til spring to figure it out.

I don't think I will ever switch to a rear disk as too expensive and too much trouble. I like the idea of just getting on and riding without messing with wheel changes. The wheels are SRAM S80's. The only downside I have noticed so far is it is a bit noisier. Not bad, but you do notice it.

Last edited by HiYoSilver; 11-04-10 at 02:59 PM.
Old 11-04-10, 04:40 PM

Bikes: Salsa Beargrease XX1, Trek Eqnuinox 9.9 SSL, Trek Madone 6.9 ,Trek District Carbon, Trek Boone7, Trek Fuel EX9.0,Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9, Trek Equinox7, Trek District Belt

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 578 Post(s)
Liked 82 Times in 45 Posts
What model TT bike is that. One of the Equinox units or..? Sure looks awesome. I have a Equinox 9.9SSL Red Carbon and my bike is in bright orange.. Here is a picture of mine..

Madone9.JPG photo - bulbmogul photos at pbase.com
Old 11-04-10, 04:48 PM
Rides again

Bikes: Giant OCR T, Trek SC

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Yours looks nice. It really jumps out, love that. Trek was just closing out the TTX line when I finally ordered it. It's a Speed Concept 9.x Front is 34-52 {stock is 50, so swapped out chainring. Should have gone with 53** and a 11-28 rear cassette. Project one for the paint color and the signature line. I hated the stock paint colors and wanted something more appropiate for an old fart. Trek doesn't sell P1 without wheels and doesn't offer SRAM, just much more expensive Zipps. So I got the cheapest race wheels and then had dealer substitute.
Old 11-04-10, 05:05 PM

Bikes: Salsa Beargrease XX1, Trek Eqnuinox 9.9 SSL, Trek Madone 6.9 ,Trek District Carbon, Trek Boone7, Trek Fuel EX9.0,Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9, Trek Equinox7, Trek District Belt

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 578 Post(s)
Liked 82 Times in 45 Posts
Thanks as i was just on the trek website to notice what you just mentioned about name change etc. Love the color of yours also. Mine is still hanging in my office as i have not had it out since i bought it. I been riding my Trek District and my Aluminum Trek TT bike I bought this summer. One of these days i need to get both my red carbon bikes out and use them..