I got my bike today. A Jamis Coda Sport for $450 + 6% Michigan sales tax for a total of about $477, bone stock. I took it out for its madden voyage of about 6 miles of relatively flat bike trail. Iím planning on replacing the granny gear in the front with an aluminum gear and the suspension seat post with a standard straight pipe.
Tell me how I did with the price! Be honest!
1. This thing is FAST, much faster than I ever remember going on my mountain bike as a kid
2. Iím going to need a cheapo cycle computer to tell me speed, time, and distance.
3. Wind sucks!! Peddling against the wind is rough, it definitely helps to lean over a bit.
4. My butt hurts! Need to get use to the seat that is for sure!
5. My legs feel like rubber, I guess thatís what happens when you havenít ridden a bike in 8 years or so! Iím using muscles I didnít know I had!
6. Seems to be a fairly decent bike. I do like it so far.
7. I need a helmet
8. I need a water bottle
Well there you have it, I suppose I need to learn more and get use to riding before I can make any real critiques. I guess Iím a cyclist now!