Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. #1
    Junior Member harsymran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    My Bikes
    Trek 2300
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Can Ne ONe help me out find an institute?

    hi
    i am looking for a institute in the united states preferably near new jersy which imparts training in cycling and admits students --- sort of this thingy
    am a national level biker in my country and am willling to give my sport a fine poslishing by training abroad

    any contact address of such an insttitute or of a coach which can help me out with this will be helpful

    thankx a ton

  2. #2
    The Rabbi seely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,962
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to go to an actual college, Midwestern State University in Texas has a cycling scholarship, and much of their team is comprised of foreign students.

    http://www.mwsu.edu/

    Don't know of anything around New Jersey though. I think there is a school in one of the Carolinas that also offers cycling scholarships.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    by a big river
    Posts
    2,459
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would anyone want to go to New Jersey?

  4. #4
    Wer wagt, gewinnt.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    125
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MKRG
    Why would anyone want to go to New Jersey?
    I gotta tell you MKRG...I've been to many different cities in OH.
    and it certainly isn't any better...from hodunkville to Cincy...Mid-western
    life is, for sure, very different! NJ has some of the nicest beaches on the east coast
    and some very nice mountain regions in the north. From very wealthy exclusive communities
    to the high crime Newark and Camden war zones. It has its good and it certainly has its bad side.

    Hey, the bicycling hall of fame is NJ, so it can't be all that bad...

  5. #5
    Junior Member harsymran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    My Bikes
    Trek 2300
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey mayb u know some national level cyclist who can help y not give me his mail address and i`ll contact him\her

  6. #6
    Are we having fun yet? Prosody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Chesterfield, Missouri
    My Bikes
    Fuji Roubaix, Trek 7200
    Posts
    930
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MKRG
    Why would anyone want to go to New Jersey?
    I've heard there are many institutions in New Jersey. I don't think any of them allow their clients to leave the premises, though.
    You're east of East St. Louis
    And the wind is making speeches.

  7. #7
    The Red Lantern Rev.Chuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    5,967
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jay and Silent Bobs Secret Stash is in Jersey

    http://www.viewaskew.com/jsbstash/
    Are you a registered member? Why not? click here to register. Its free, and only takes 27 seconds!
    Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.

    I am in the woods and I have gone crazy.

  8. #8
    Junior Member harsymran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    My Bikes
    Trek 2300
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey prosody its ok with me
    but can u tell me the links to all those "many" institutions

    and thankx rev.chuck

  9. #9
    05 Roubaix Comp Double
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    So Cal
    My Bikes
    2012 Trek Madone 6.2
    Posts
    4,657
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Touch every 3rd person and you'll find an idiot.

  10. #10
    OregonBound
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by harsymran
    hey prosody its ok with me
    but can u tell me the links to all those "many" institutions

    and thankx rev.chuck
    Humor does not translate well.

    He was making a joke. In American English, the word "institution" often carries the meaning of an asylum or prison. (I feel like I'm back teaching English As A Second Language!)

    Paul

  11. #11
    I drink your MILKSHAKE Raiyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    My Bikes
    2003 Specialized Rockhopper FSR Comp, 1999 Specialized Hardrock Comp FS, 1971 Schwinn Varsity
    Posts
    15,071
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonBound
    Humor does not translate well.

    He was making a joke. In American English, the word "institution" often carries the meaning of an asylum or prison. (I feel like I'm back teaching English As A Second Language!)

    Paul
    Look at his posts with all the AOL'ese (u for you ,NE ONE for anyone) You might as well be. People need to start following the guidelines around here regarding AOL'ese

  12. #12
    OregonBound
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiyn
    Look at his posts with all the AOL'ese (u for you ,NE ONE for anyone) You might as well be. People need to start following the guidelines around here regarding AOL'ese
    Oh. Well, don't I feel like an idiot. I actually thought it was a case of someone who didn't understand the colloquial usage. Perhaps I am getting old.

    Paul

  13. #13
    05 Roubaix Comp Double
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    So Cal
    My Bikes
    2012 Trek Madone 6.2
    Posts
    4,657
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad so many of U don't have sh$t that does'nt stink.
    Touch every 3rd person and you'll find an idiot.

  14. #14
    Wer wagt, gewinnt.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    125
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shokhead
    I'm glad so many of U don't have sh$t that does'nt stink.

    The funny, or actually very sad thing is, you wouldn't speak that way in person. Meaning you wouldn't speak your conversation in slang or improper grammer, and if you did, not many people would listen for very long, and you would come across as someone with a very low intellect.

    It is completely lazy, and reflects a severe lack of caring on the younger generations behalf. My daughters started to email using aol slang and made up wording, I quickly put a stop to it. It is not cute, it is not funny, and it is not in the least bit tolerable, I have no patience for people who write in that style. It dumbs down conversations, and it eventually will dumb down the person who constantly chooses to write that way. it is a small problem in the overall picture of life, but its all the small things that eventually add up and become bigger problems. There is whole slew of generation Y problems due to an overall lack of discipline, and strict parenting, which many have seemed to have strayed away from. On the whole, this younger generation is lazy, self absorbed and unmotivated compared to generations previous. Exceptions of course in every generation.

    It is not a case of whether your "**** stinks or not" The issue is raising mindful, and respectful
    children who turn out to be educated, responsible young adults. View it as you wish, spin it any way you may, the bottom line is respect and responsibility.

  15. #15
    05 Roubaix Comp Double
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    So Cal
    My Bikes
    2012 Trek Madone 6.2
    Posts
    4,657
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya know,your so full of yourself,you do stink. Oh,i speck a slang you would'nt have a clue about,its the way it was when i was a kid and it stuck for the most part so don't worry about how someone else is and just pay attention.
    Touch every 3rd person and you'll find an idiot.

  16. #16
    Wer wagt, gewinnt.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    125
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, your so savy...so witty...so clever.

    Thank you for your intellegent, insightful reply.
    Any other rhetoric you wish to share?

  17. #17
    Senior Member Nelf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    My Bikes
    2004 Giant TCR 2, 2000 Specialized Rock Hopper
    Posts
    87
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dc70
    The funny, or actually very sad thing is, you wouldn't speak that way in person. Meaning you wouldn't speak your conversation in slang or improper grammer, and if you did, not many people would listen for very long, and you would come across as someone with a very low intellect.

    It is completely lazy, and reflects a severe lack of caring on the younger generations behalf. My daughters started to email using aol slang and made up wording, I quickly put a stop to it. It is not cute, it is not funny, and it is not in the least bit tolerable, I have no patience for people who write in that style. It dumbs down conversations, and it eventually will dumb down the person who constantly chooses to write that way. it is a small problem in the overall picture of life, but its all the small things that eventually add up and become bigger problems. There is whole slew of generation Y problems due to an overall lack of discipline, and strict parenting, which many have seemed to have strayed away from. On the whole, this younger generation is lazy, self absorbed and unmotivated compared to generations previous. Exceptions of course in every generation.

    It is not a case of whether your "**** stinks or not" The issue is raising mindful, and respectful
    children who turn out to be educated, responsible young adults. View it as you wish, spin it any way you may, the bottom line is respect and responsibility.

    You completely neglect how much time it saves though! Yes, it may come at the cost of looking like a complete fool, but think of the valuable second I'm saving by not reaching over to that darn A or pesky E.

  18. #18
    Evil Genius capsicum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sumner, WA
    My Bikes
    '92 novara ponderosa, '74 schwinn le tour, Novara fusion, novara transfer, novara randonee(2), novara careema pro, novara bonita(2).
    Posts
    1,529
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AOL'ese was around long before AOL ruled the fools. It is properly called chatroom shorthand and is very usefull for medium to slow typists trying to hold a conversation in a chat room. This however is not a chat room and neither is e-mail.
    "Data is not the plural form of annecdote."
    "yuo ned to be deadurcated"

  19. #19
    I drink your MILKSHAKE Raiyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    My Bikes
    2003 Specialized Rockhopper FSR Comp, 1999 Specialized Hardrock Comp FS, 1971 Schwinn Varsity
    Posts
    15,071
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shokhead
    Ya know,your so full of yourself,you do stink. Oh,i speck a slang you wouldn't have a clue about,its the way it was when i was a kid and it stuck for the most part so don't worry about how someone else is and just pay attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelf
    You completely neglect how much time it saves though! Yes, it may come at the cost of looking like a complete fool, but think of the valuable second I'm saving by not reaching over to that darn A or pesky E.
    Does anybody actually read the Click FORUM GUIDELINES me around here?
    Specifically the section about disruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by FORUM GUIDELINES
    Disruption... Posts which intend to disrupt the topic of conversation or steer the topic away from the focus of the forum and related news. Disruption can include harassment, multiple user profiles, multiple posting of the same post and posting completely off topic messages. Please do your best when it comes to grammar, punctuation and spelling.
    Quote Originally Posted by FORUM GUIDELINES
    Consistent use of "AOL'ese" and "hAx0r" talk can be very disruptive.
    This isn't about the scent of anyone's fecal matter or the lack thereof this is about following the damn rules. If you want to type like someone typing one handed while trying to "cyber" with some "chick" who's really a forty-two year old 325 lb MALE whilst jerkin your kerkin be my guest but do it over on mountainbike.com's forums with the rest of the monkeys. Don't do it here.
    Apologies to those who deserve them (ie Joe and the Mod Squad and the rest of the people who can use proper English) and a giant ********** ********** ********* to the rest of you.

    Quote Originally Posted by capsicum
    AOL'ese was around long before AOL ruled the fools. It is properly called chatroom shorthand and is very usefull for medium to slow typists trying to hold a conversation in a chat room. This however is not a chat room and neither is e-mail.
    A fact that I am well acquainted with. I actually use 'net shorthand in the appropriate settings such as a realtime chat. Which this defiantly isn't.
    Last edited by Raiyn; 07-04-04 at 01:08 AM.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Nelf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    My Bikes
    2004 Giant TCR 2, 2000 Specialized Rock Hopper
    Posts
    87
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You didn't get that I was being sarcastic? I must be losing my touch.

  21. #21
    Wer wagt, gewinnt.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    125
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelf
    You completely neglect how much time it saves though! Yes, it may come at the cost of looking like a complete fool, but think of the valuable second I'm saving by not reaching over to that darn A or pesky E.
    I got it Nelf...


    By the way, "Are those your underpants, Mr. Fry!?"

  22. #22
    I drink your MILKSHAKE Raiyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    My Bikes
    2003 Specialized Rockhopper FSR Comp, 1999 Specialized Hardrock Comp FS, 1971 Schwinn Varsity
    Posts
    15,071
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelf
    You didn't get that I was being sarcastic? I must be losing my touch.
    You're so new I haven't had time to become aquainted with your sarcasm. My apologies.

  23. #23
    05 Roubaix Comp Double
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    So Cal
    My Bikes
    2012 Trek Madone 6.2
    Posts
    4,657
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys,correct your kids and leave the rest of us one finger, chicken pecken typist alone. We just want to post with our bad english and typing and let you higher education guys shake your heads but dont correct us,it not nice. Now thats as nice as i can be. Isnt it about riding,not good typing habits? Let it go and just reply to the posts.
    Touch every 3rd person and you'll find an idiot.

  24. #24
    Wer wagt, gewinnt.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    125
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your right in that respect shok, it is about the riding. But this is an opinion forum, is it not?

    If someone chooses to post using improper grammar,
    child-like language and an overall lack of caring of how they are perceived
    then one, inevitably opens themselves to criticism.

  25. #25
    05 Roubaix Comp Double
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    So Cal
    My Bikes
    2012 Trek Madone 6.2
    Posts
    4,657
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bikefourms? Criticism of my riding is fine and should keep everybody busy enough but to correct improper grammar of a 51 year old man is wrong,sorry. I'll leave it at that.
    Touch every 3rd person and you'll find an idiot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •