Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 121 of 1901 FirstFirst ... 21711111191201211221231311712216211121 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 47509

Thread: Toronto Fixed

  1. #3001
    team mascot sr20det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Canada - Toronto
    My Bikes
    gt gtb & marinoni pista special.
    Posts
    1,264
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    decimal is 32
    and its 20 in hex.
    yay for computer science in school.

  2. #3002
    In Velo Veritas jeremywhitehorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    Menonite black urbanite, probably enough spare parts to make anther one.
    Posts
    3,013
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sr20det
    decimal is 32
    and its 20 in hex.
    yay for computer science in school.
    i feel lost in this thread. i was an english major...

  3. #3003
    team mascot sr20det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Canada - Toronto
    My Bikes
    gt gtb & marinoni pista special.
    Posts
    1,264
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hurrah! another mentioning of cavern on FGG today.

  4. #3004
    cab horn
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    1987 Bianchi Campione
    Posts
    28,295
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremywhitehorn
    i feel lost in this thread. i was an english major...
    English ftw()

  5. #3005
    Spy Member sweep242's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    k-town,On,Can.
    My Bikes
    I have 4 of them,2 with fat tires & 2 with skinny tires & set of rollers
    Posts
    1,166
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been keeping a low profile as i'm WTF as well lately. At least i have work to keep me busy.
    Cheers

  6. #3006
    Jonnys ilegitimate Father cavernmech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    toronto
    My Bikes
    too many too list
    Posts
    2,994
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by veteran_youth
    Hahahaha you wish 100000flavours. Roman Numerals are so last week, it's all about binary now! Anyway the hilarious bars are off the bike for now but will be back for CM for sure. Being fairly cold I would be down for an underground parking lot trackstand, backward riding, showboating type session, even though I have a race on sunday and should be piling on the miles!

    So come one, come all, but remember:

    Nature abhors a vacuum.

    Andrew
    You doin' the Icebreaker? If so I will see you there. I will be the fat, out of shape, old guy wheezing before the race starts.

  7. #3007
    Dances With Cars TRaffic Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    My Bikes
    TBL Onyx Pro(ss converted), Pake SS (starting to look kinda pimped)
    Posts
    10,527
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what is this Ice breaker you speak of?

    found it ... nevermind
    Last edited by TRaffic Jammer; 03-22-06 at 09:14 AM.

  8. #3008
    Tie me up, Tie me down
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    The Brown Beast
    Posts
    843
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know if any of the courier companies are doing summer hiring soon? I'm pondering trying to get a job before I go to China this summer. No so much worried about cash (freelancing pays the bills) but more in the experience of being on my bike and of working in such an odd part of the corporate world...

  9. #3009
    Dances With Cars TRaffic Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    My Bikes
    TBL Onyx Pro(ss converted), Pake SS (starting to look kinda pimped)
    Posts
    10,527
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look now before school gets out. I don't how the company's attitude is towards summer riders is here in toronto.

  10. #3010
    ... gokiburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    toronto
    My Bikes
    sannino track, nishiki olympic conversion
    Posts
    873
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cavernmech
    You doin' the Icebreaker? If so I will see you there. I will be the fat, out of shape, old guy wheezing before the race starts.
    a fat, out of shape, old guy on a fixed-gear i hope?

  11. #3011
    In Velo Veritas jeremywhitehorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    Menonite black urbanite, probably enough spare parts to make anther one.
    Posts
    3,013
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by operator
    English ftw()
    pardon my ignorance - ftw?

  12. #3012
    Shiftless bum cavit8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    My Bikes
    Ciocc fixed, Raleigh record winter bike, Bianchi Grizzly SS, Pinarello Surprise, Raleigh Twenty, Bridgestone Picnica, various sundry bits and pieces...
    Posts
    2,674
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forschungszentrum Telekommunikation Wien?

    The ftw() function shall recursively descend the directory hierarchy rooted in path. For each object in the hierarchy, ftw() shall call the function pointed to by fn, passing it a pointer to a null-terminated character string containing the name of the object, a pointer to a stat structure containing information about the object, and an integer.
    Quote Originally Posted by operator
    truneo that tuned park internal nipple wrench work ??

  13. #3013
    cone wrench carpal tunnel ventolin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 32flavours
    Anyone? Aaaanyone?

    I'm tempted to say yes, but my eyelid was twitching for three days and I cut out caffiene, so my enthusiasm level for just about everything has flatlined (can we say addiction?). But still.... how's a solid 'maybe'?

    And... Honest Ed's has a parking lot?

  14. #3014
    Shiftless bum cavit8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    My Bikes
    Ciocc fixed, Raleigh record winter bike, Bianchi Grizzly SS, Pinarello Surprise, Raleigh Twenty, Bridgestone Picnica, various sundry bits and pieces...
    Posts
    2,674
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ventolin
    And... Honest Ed's has a parking lot?
    That was the first thing that went through my head too. Wasn't this for last night or am I thinking of something different?
    Quote Originally Posted by operator
    truneo that tuned park internal nipple wrench work ??

  15. #3015
    Tie me up, Tie me down
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    The Brown Beast
    Posts
    843
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah honest eds has a parking lot right through honest ed's (crack) alley.

  16. #3016
    ... gokiburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    toronto
    My Bikes
    sannino track, nishiki olympic conversion
    Posts
    873
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    has anyone bought a pair of clipless mtb shoes only to find them a wee bit tight? i understand that they'll stretch a bit..i just hope it'll be enough. the shoes are new sidi dominators, size 41 (small narrow feet). got them off ebay for cheap after months of shopping around. i need to replace my shimano road shoes.. sick and tired of walking around like a duck and falling on my ass.. wiped out the other week while walking on newly mopped floors in my building.

  17. #3017
    In Velo Veritas jeremywhitehorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    Menonite black urbanite, probably enough spare parts to make anther one.
    Posts
    3,013
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gokiburi
    has anyone bought a pair of clipless mtb shoes only to find them a wee bit tight? i understand that they'll stretch a bit..i just hope it'll be enough. the shoes are new sidi dominators, size 41 (small narrow feet). got them off ebay for cheap after months of shopping around. i need to replace my shimano road shoes.. sick and tired of walking around like a duck and falling on my ass.. wiped out the other week while walking on newly mopped floors in my building.
    normal width sidis tend to be a little narrow, which is why they make the "mega" (wider) size. i bought a size up and they fit like normal shoes would. be aware that they will stretch once you wear them more, particularly if they get wet or it is really hot outside. are you wearing normal socks or thin cycling socks in them?

  18. #3018
    cab horn
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    1987 Bianchi Campione
    Posts
    28,295
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhoff
    Anyone know if any of the courier companies are doing summer hiring soon? I'm pondering trying to get a job before I go to China this summer. No so much worried about cash (freelancing pays the bills) but more in the experience of being on my bike and of working in such an odd part of the corporate world...
    Whatever you do, don't say it's for the summer.

    pardon my ignorance - ftw?
    Lol - for the win.
    <- cs geek (computer science not counterstrike) but terminology/form comes from both.

  19. #3019
    ... gokiburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    toronto
    My Bikes
    sannino track, nishiki olympic conversion
    Posts
    873
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremywhitehorn
    normal width sidis tend to be a little narrow, which is why they make the "mega" (wider) size. i bought a size up and they fit like normal shoes would. be aware that they will stretch once you wear them more, particularly if they get wet or it is really hot outside. are you wearing normal socks or thin cycling socks in them?
    i've got double socks now (ankle socks over wool knee socks..or argyle when the weather permits but that's another story..) which fit well in my current road shoes. i don't have thin cycling socks but i should probably get a couple pairs for warmer weather riding. i've tried size 41 sidis before and the fit was ok. hindsight being what it is, maybe i should've got a 41.5 or a non-narrow 41. fack, i hope they stretch out enough.

  20. #3020
    Jonnys ilegitimate Father cavernmech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    toronto
    My Bikes
    too many too list
    Posts
    2,994
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gokiburi
    has anyone bought a pair of clipless mtb shoes only to find them a wee bit tight? i understand that they'll stretch a bit..i just hope it'll be enough. the shoes are new sidi dominators, size 41 (small narrow feet). got them off ebay for cheap after months of shopping around. i need to replace my shimano road shoes.. sick and tired of walking around like a duck and falling on my ass.. wiped out the other week while walking on newly mopped floors in my building.
    Are you wearing thick socks now? Thin stuff for the summer will provide some more toe moving room. I have Dominator's as well and they are REALLY tight when I am wearing Wooly Booly's. With regular cool max they are super sweet.

  21. #3021
    Me talk pretty one day. eyefloater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,073
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMFGYAY!

    The new Toronto 2006 Cycling Maps are in! The new Toronto 2006 Cycling Maps are in!!! I'm so excited I just peed a little bit - weeeeee!

    Seriously though, does anyone want one of these things? We've got like 3 boxes sitting here now ...

  22. #3022
    cab horn
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    1987 Bianchi Campione
    Posts
    28,295
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cavernmech: How much would velocity deep v (red) rims run around? (Can you even get those?)

  23. #3023
    In Velo Veritas jeremywhitehorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    Menonite black urbanite, probably enough spare parts to make anther one.
    Posts
    3,013
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gokiburi
    i've got double socks now (ankle socks over wool knee socks..or argyle when the weather permits but that's another story..) which fit well in my current road shoes. i don't have thin cycling socks but i should probably get a couple pairs for warmer weather riding. i've tried size 41 sidis before and the fit was ok. hindsight being what it is, maybe i should've got a 41.5 or a non-narrow 41. fack, i hope they stretch out enough.
    if you've got two pairs or socks on now, then in the summer/spring with thin socks they should fit fine. FWIW i wear woolie boolie socks from MEC (or another wool equivalent) in my sidi dominators and they fit fine. with cycling socks they are a bit too roomy so you'll notice a difference if you wear something thinner. are you using the sidi insoles? try putting them in if you aren't they make a big difference in fit as well.

  24. #3024
    Jonnys ilegitimate Father cavernmech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    toronto
    My Bikes
    too many too list
    Posts
    2,994
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by operator
    Cavernmech: How much would velocity deep v (red) rims run around? (Can you even get those?)
    I stopped selling Velocity rims about 5 years ago when they raised their prices by about 50%. I would guess that you could get em online for a fair bit cheaper than I could get em to you for.

  25. #3025
    ... gokiburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    toronto
    My Bikes
    sannino track, nishiki olympic conversion
    Posts
    873
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremywhitehorn
    if you've got two pairs or socks on now, then in the summer/spring with thin socks they should fit fine. FWIW i wear woolie boolie socks from MEC (or another wool equivalent) in my sidi dominators and they fit fine. with cycling socks they are a bit too roomy so you'll notice a difference if you wear something thinner. are you using the sidi insoles? try putting them in if you aren't they make a big difference in fit as well.
    hey jay-dubya, thanks for the suggestions. oh, and that cavern-guy too. i'm definitely wearing the insoles, they look pretty unforgiving without them. my woolie-boolies are burgundy knee-high from chocky's. they're probably for school girls.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •