Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 596 of 824 FirstFirst ... 96496546586594595596597598606646696 ... LastLast
Results 14,876 to 14,900 of 20579

Thread: Hot r Not

  1. #14876
    Senior Member ethan.g75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    My Bikes
    Felt FC 7970, Trek5200 comuterized
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not the first time I have put my bike on here. Just waiting on team decals, and new bartape. Also, rear wheel doesn't match because I am waiting on my stages power meter, and am borrowing a powertap for the time being.

    Felt FC

  2. #14877
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Chicagoville
    Posts
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ethan.g75 View Post
    Not the first time I have put my bike on here. Just waiting on team decals, and new bartape. Also, rear wheel doesn't match because I am waiting on my stages power meter, and am borrowing a powertap for the time being.

    So why are you posting it now? It's not finished.

  3. #14878
    King Hoternot bianchi10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon City, OR
    My Bikes
    2012 cannondale Supersix
    Posts
    4,690
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kinda what I was thinking.

    Regardless...not for me

  4. #14879
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    134
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Sorry for not being 53x11, but switched from Zipps to my old wheels and got some gumwalls. Classy as hell if I may say so. Don't mind the tape, I'm mocking up a paintjob I'm gonna be doing later this summer. It shall be winner.

  5. #14880
    King Hoternot bianchi10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon City, OR
    My Bikes
    2012 cannondale Supersix
    Posts
    4,690
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your setup is a shoe in for a hot bike, BUT I personally don't like those tires at all on that bike. I also don't like -17deg stems. Can't wait to see new paint job on it.

    I want to like it and am on the fence but it just doesn't do it for me as it sits here. After paint job I would love to see it deposited. This bike has serious potential.

    What color scheme you going with?

  6. #14881
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    134
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'll be sorta Mondrian-ish, like Looks. Stripping everything to bare aluminum, painting top part of top tube in black, lots of stuff to do actually. I'm going for a new cockpit anyway, this is WAAAAY too long for me. Vibe 7s bar and stem, which is -10, just to please you. I'll be building up some China carbon clinchers too, can't wait to see how all of this ends up.

  7. #14882
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Santa Cruz, Ca
    Posts
    398
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dudemanppl View Post

    Sorry for not being 53x11, but switched from Zipps to my old wheels and got some gumwalls. Classy as hell if I may say so. Don't mind the tape, I'm mocking up a paintjob I'm gonna be doing later this summer. It shall be winner.
    The zero setback seatpost with the seat forward bugs me with the stem so far forward, even though if that's how you fit that's how you fit.. it bugs me, just kind of looks like your compensating for the long cockpit by moving the seat way up.


    There is a lot I like. I actually like the paint job and I wouldn't mess with it if it was mine.

  8. #14883
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Santa Cruz, Ca
    Posts
    398
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ethan.g75 View Post
    Not the first time I have put my bike on here. Just waiting on team decals, and new bartape. Also, rear wheel doesn't match because I am waiting on my stages power meter, and am borrowing a powertap for the time being.

    It's a hot as is for me. Only thing I'm not crazy about is the bars and maybe add some white bar tape to match the saddle and pedals. I really like that frame.

  9. #14884
    Senior Member abhirama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    India.
    My Bikes
    Ridley Fenix
    Posts
    179
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1, looks quite nice already. I love white bikes.

  10. #14885
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    My Bikes
    Felt F2
    Posts
    260
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^Finish it and then ask. Don't post a bike clearly stating that it's not finished. Right now it's a not for me. And rotate those bars up when you do the rest...

  11. #14886
    Senior Member Dan333SP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    700
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ethan.g75 View Post
    Not the first time I have put my bike on here. Just waiting on team decals, and new bartape. Also, rear wheel doesn't match because I am waiting on my stages power meter, and am borrowing a powertap for the time being.

    How old is the 5200 frame? I hear you can rip a Trek BB shell in half by pedaling with moderate intensity...

  12. #14887
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    On the WOD
    My Bikes
    2003 Litespeed Arenberg; 2010 Kuota Kult; Giant Expressway 2
    Posts
    203
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ethan.g75 View Post
    Not the first time I have put my bike on here. Just waiting on team decals, and new bartape. Also, rear wheel doesn't match because I am waiting on my stages power meter, and am borrowing a powertap for the time being.

    Hot

  13. #14888
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    On the WOD
    My Bikes
    2003 Litespeed Arenberg; 2010 Kuota Kult; Giant Expressway 2
    Posts
    203
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nutt View Post
    Ridley Noah FAST (aka Noah FB)
    SRAM Red
    Fulcrum Racing 3
    Fizik Aliante
    3T Ergonova

    Attachment 328099
    I'm torn. I really like the frame but the lack of deep dish wheels just kills it for me.

  14. #14889
    Senior Member ethan.g75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    My Bikes
    Felt FC 7970, Trek5200 comuterized
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan333SP View Post
    How old is the 5200 frame? I hear you can rip a Trek BB shell in half by pedaling with moderate intensity...
    The frame is from 2001. Next year I will be buying my team's diamondback podium 7 with team paint job, and this will turn into my crit monster.
    Felt FC

  15. #14890
    Speed is Life... UnfilteredDregs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    NYC, duh Bronx.
    My Bikes
    Salsa Ti Warbird- 2014/ HED Ardennes +
    Posts
    1,167
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dudemanppl View Post


    Classy as hell if I may say so.
    Nice, but, be careful, Van Halen might sue you...

  16. #14891
    derpin'
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    My Bikes
    CAAD10, Cinelli Vigorelli
    Posts
    340
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dudemanppl View Post


    Sorry for not being 53x11, but switched from Zipps to my old wheels and got some gumwalls. Classy as hell if I may say so. Don't mind the tape, I'm mocking up a paintjob I'm gonna be doing later this summer. It shall be winner.
    i actually dig the gum walls a lot. I'd get them, but I think I need something with a bit more durability (I can't wait to build my caad10! .

    Those with a paint scheme like you mentioned would easily get a "hot" in my book. Can't wait to see it.

    just noticed the red brake calipers too. That's a nice touch.
    http://www.pedalroom.com/members/sheepdog84

  17. #14892
    ^ JBC. jbchybridrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    adelaide, australia
    Posts
    1,943
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dudemanppl View Post


    Sorry for not being 53x11, but switched from Zipps to my old wheels and got some gumwalls. Classy as hell if I may say so. Don't mind the tape, I'm mocking up a paintjob I'm gonna be doing later this summer. It shall be winner.
    Despite the stem not setup to my liking the rest of the bike is so freaking hot I have no choice but to say this bike is Freaking Hot!
    2010 Custom Carbon JBC, 1990 Ricardo Pinnacle, 1988 Ricardo Elite, 1983 Ricardo Varsity, 1990 Peugeot Hurricane, 1977 Dawes Galaxy GT, 2007 Pinarello F3-13, Custom aussie made 1980 Columbus SL racer, 1975 Calton Rapide, 1995 Olympia Fusari, 1993 Basso Viper.

  18. #14893
    Senior Member I <3 Robots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    So Cal
    My Bikes
    Cervelo S2, Specialized Carve Pro, Pivot Mach 5
    Posts
    1,324
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dudemanppl View Post


    Sorry for not being 53x11, but switched from Zipps to my old wheels and got some gumwalls. Classy as hell if I may say so. Don't mind the tape, I'm mocking up a paintjob I'm gonna be doing later this summer. It shall be winner.
    Just to quote the picture one more time...



    I don't see whats wrong with the stem?

    Looks-wise...the -17 goes perfect with the just about straight top tube. A -6 would point up.

    The gum walls look pretty good. Very "Euro" looking ride.
    Cervelo S2 | Zipp | SRAM | Rotor

  19. #14894
    King Hoternot bianchi10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon City, OR
    My Bikes
    2012 cannondale Supersix
    Posts
    4,690
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Because -17 stems go beyond level. It points below the line of the top tub. Could always do a -10 which is damn near straight. Not many brands do it though. In fact, Thomson is the only one I know of.

  20. #14895
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    My Bikes
    Felt F2
    Posts
    260
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, Bianchi, not entirely accurate on that one. It APPEARS "beyond level" as you say, because the top tube is slanted upward, which means it's not in line with the top tube. But it's actually level. If his garage door is level, I enlarged the photo and it's exactly level. So on that particular bike, -17 makes the stem level.

    HOWEVER, I'm being OCD (which is the point of this thread, right?) because I also don't like that much of a stem angle either. -6 or -10, as you say, would look better. Oh, wait, THAT'S the point of this thread...

  21. #14896
    Senior Member IthaDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    My Bikes
    Click on the #YOLO
    Posts
    4,647
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    73* headtube means a 0 (a.k.a. 90*) degree stem is 17* above level (-73 + 90 = 17). On a bike with a 73* head tubed bike with a -17* stem, it'll be dead level. Of course, this is over simplified- tire pressure, relative front and back tire size, fork length and rake factor in to this as well.

    Shimano : Click :: Campy :: Snap :: SRAM : Bang

  22. #14897
    Klickety-Klackety Jeepnut22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NoVa, U.S.A.
    My Bikes
    Ones with 2 wheels...
    Posts
    1,542
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Whatever...

    Quote Originally Posted by dudemanppl View Post


    It's just HOT!
    Wut

  23. #14898
    Senior Member I <3 Robots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    So Cal
    My Bikes
    Cervelo S2, Specialized Carve Pro, Pivot Mach 5
    Posts
    1,324
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bianchi10 View Post
    Because -17 stems go beyond level. It points below the line of the top tub. Could always do a -10 which is damn near straight. Not many brands do it though. In fact, Thomson is the only one I know of.
    I've used a level with my -17...like others said...with a 73 deg HT...its level to the ground.
    Cervelo S2 | Zipp | SRAM | Rotor

  24. #14899
    Me and the cat... Pamestique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Tustin, CA
    My Bikes
    2002 Lemond Zurich, 2006 Santa Cruz Superlight, 2010 Landshark, 2012 Santa Cruz Juliana, 2014 Juliana Premiero Origin 29er and last but not least, the "Frankenweenie"!
    Posts
    4,458
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So in a sea of black, white, red or black/white/red bikes...something totally different - maybe not hot but at least interesting... My Landshark...
    DSC_2659.jpg

    details:

    DSC_2579.jpg
    Flower details.jpg
    ______________________________________________________________

    Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.

  25. #14900
    King Hoternot bianchi10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon City, OR
    My Bikes
    2012 cannondale Supersix
    Posts
    4,690
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I <3 Robots View Post
    I've used a level with my -17...like others said...with a 73 deg HT...its level to the ground.
    Ok. I think Kcollier hit it on the head for me. most top tubes slope down a little which gives a visual effect of them being beyond level. Either way, I dont like them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •