Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Advocacy & Safety
Reload this Page >

You *******s have convinced me you're right & I'm wrong.

Search
Notices
Advocacy & Safety Cyclists should expect and demand safe accommodation on every public road, just as do all other users. Discuss your bicycle advocacy and safety concerns here.

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-06, 07:32 AM
N_C
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Changed my mind on the matter.

See other thread

Last edited by N_C; 07-27-06 at 04:08 PM.
Old 07-27-06, 07:44 AM
HWS
Fuji Shill

Bikes: Fuji Roubaix

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Old 07-27-06, 07:46 AM
Cat WTF

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How do you report a post to the admins?
Old 07-27-06, 07:55 AM
hill hater

Location: norton ohio 5.5 miles from center road tow path trail head

Bikes: cannondale t400 1987 model and a raleigh gran prix from 1973

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well id have reported the cyclist to no question. As for the broke down driver you should have ither stoped and helped or let him be. All you did in that case is waste the cops time to take the call then do nothing about it at all.

Now if i was driving or riding along and couldnt help the driver (non flat break down) and then seen a cop further up the road id say hey can you see if you can help the poor guy back there hes run out of gas (or what have you). Corse id also use it as a chance to get yet one more cops name etc to add to my little list of friendly cops.

You want to get some motorist nailed for being a idiot have a list of cops you know by name to contact directly.

Again any cyclist riding on a freeway that doesnt allow bikes and riding the wrong way is just a realy bad idea and damn dangerous not only for him but for others. Know how many people swerve to avoid deers every year only to cause a much more serious crash?

I seen one such case lucky the guy ended up in the grass median. Unlucky for him it was where the median starts to go down to those huge storm sewers. He was stuck drivers door down wedged very tightly between the 2 sides of the gap. His roof crushed down just enough to jam both doors. I went to work dad dropped me off came home 5 hours later and they emergency crew was just then pulling him out the passenger window.

The car was stuck there 3 days later heh. Cause of wreck a deer crossed his path. He swerved to miss said deer then had to swerve again to keep from plowing another car in the rear that had slowed to miss the deer. Didnt see what direction the deer was coming but it was unexpected.

Its no diffrent for cyclists being places they do not belong in at all. We dont belong on freeways like that and we sure as hell dont belong on them goign the wrong way.

Guess what would happen to that cyclist if for example you swerved to avoid a crash and you ended up killing some one else or causeing a mssive accident?

He would be found at fault for causeing the crash not you and not any other driver.
Now Sure motorists many of them do not think that we belong on the road but at least they expect us to be there sure they harrass us call us names and generaly act like asses. But there alot less chance of a accident being caused because they swerved to avoid us because they didnt expect us to be there.

As for the brken down driver if you had tripple a or other you know in some cases your member ship does allow you to send a tow or other assitance to a broken down motorist who does not have tripple a.

Hmm theres some insurance type stuff id love to see avail for cyclists a AAA type deal to get new tubes tires cables or a lift home lol
Old 07-27-06, 08:02 AM
hill hater

Location: norton ohio 5.5 miles from center road tow path trail head

Bikes: cannondale t400 1987 model and a raleigh gran prix from 1973

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cat4ever
How do you report a post to the admins?
Why would you be cause n_c is angry over how hes been bashed previously? So i dont agree with his call to the cops about the broke down driver. I said that i think in the other post to. If not i said here and i said why i dont htink it was realy the right way to handle it. But his report against the dumb cyclist on the freeway goign the wrong way was the right thing to do (for the reasons i stated).

It is in the end his choice bad or good. If we think its a bad one then explain why no reason to beat him up about it. Its not a hard thing to tell some one in a good way why you think they were wrong.

Ive been so totaly pissed at helmet head on some of his posts because he seems to often ignore my posts that are in direct contradiction to his own. But alittle gentle nudge here and there and he listens and go on to furhter explain his own views.
I could have just beat him up bout it not qouted my self or pointed him to my post etc.

Its like this if you dont have nothing good to say say nothing at all. You can tell some one you think they were wrong with out resorting to being mean about it.
Old 07-27-06, 08:04 AM

Bikes: BikeE AT, Firebike Bling Bling, Norco Trike (customized)

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by N_C
I'm convinced that all of my safety efforts are wrong & you're right. So I'm just going to give up on it. I'll still ride safe for my own well being. But If I see a cyclist doing something stupid I won't do anything about it. I won't offer a helping hand nor will I say anything about it. I give up. Anything I do is obviously wrong because you *******s think & say it is. So forget the ****ing challenge I posted I'll just post about things from a neutral position. Even if someone else's unsafe acts harms me, I will not do anything about it. I'll just take it & hope for the best in the situation.

This wraps it up for the safety end of things for me here. What is next? You *******s going to brow beat & tell me I'm wrong for my trail advocacy efforts too? I have barely mentioned anything about it. Though I do have plenty to talk about regarding it. I can't wait for how this will turn out.
Ah yes, throwing a petulant temper tantrum and calling us names is certainly the way to prove to us that you are a mature, responsible and well-balanced cyclist. Judging by your reactions to other posts, you seem to have anger issues, challenges with facing criticism and a deluded impression of self-rightwousnous and self-importance.

Here, I'll help you: I'll explain the difference between being an over-bearing, ego-maniacal know-it-all with a chip on his shoulder and a rigid, one-dimensional perception of how everyone should ride and a true cycling advocate. This forum is a venue for those interested in defending cyclists rights---all cyclists of all styles and skill levels, from those who wear helmets and still have accidents (like you) to those who do not wear helmets and never have accidents (like me), from those who appreciate the liberty and bohemianness of being able to go anywhere at anytime to those who are just harmlessly pretending to be Lance Armstrong, from those who ride fixies and single-speeds to those who wear lycra and vests, from those who ride 3-speed cruisers to those who ride $5,000 racing and touring multi-speeeds---all cyclists: for giving and receiving feedback about how to promote cycling in their community and ensuring appropriate cycling ammenities are made available to them and how to approach city officials when there are safety and security issues. It is not a forum for self-proclaimed cycling dictators to insist that everyone do as they do, make the same decisions they do and react exactly the same as they do.

If you always signal your intentions and wear your helmet at all times and do a twenty-point inspection before every ride and ensure you always have reflective clothing on and steadfastly take your lane position and stop at all stop-signs, red-lights and even amber lights, good for you. Excellent! Terrific! Jamming down the throats of everyone that you feel you are so superior will neither win you any fans, friends or support and diminshes even the good things you might have to share.

Hope that helped. Those are my last words to you. Ride safe.
Old 07-27-06, 08:16 AM
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,536 Times in 1,045 Posts
Originally Posted by N_C
This wraps it up for the safety end of things for me here. What is next? You *******s going to brow beat & tell me I'm wrong for my trail advocacy efforts too? I have barely mentioned anything about it. Though I do have plenty to talk about regarding it. I can't wait for how this will turn out.
Happy Trails!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
bk-happytrails.jpg (26.6 KB, 15 views)
Old 07-27-06, 08:21 AM
Banned

Bikes: LHT, Kona Smoke

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Good.
Now will you please drop this nosy-nancy, goody-two-shoes, tattle-taling-twit persona?
Old 07-27-06, 08:33 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mommy, he called us bad names!
Old 07-27-06, 09:35 AM

Bikes: Three road bikes. Two track bikes.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Hey, N_C: you're the one who opened yourself up to this by posting. When you post, you're going to get replies. Replies might be supportive, or not. If you don't want criticism, don't post. If you post, don't whine. Simple equation, really...
"If you’re new enough [to racing] that you would ask such question, then i would hazard a guess that if you just made up a workout that sounded hard to do, and did it, you’d probably get faster." --the tiniest sprinter
Old 07-27-06, 10:43 AM
You need a new bike

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by N_C
I'm convinced that all of my safety efforts are wrong & you're right. So I'm just going to give up on it. I'll still ride safe for my own well being. But If I see a cyclist doing something stupid I won't do anything about it. I won't offer a helping hand nor will I say anything about it. I give up. Anything I do is obviously wrong because you *******s think & say it is. So forget the ****ing challenge I posted I'll just post about things from a neutral position. Even if someone else's unsafe acts harms me, I will not do anything about it. I'll just take it & hope for the best in the situation.

My word, such language! Didn't your mother teach you how to express yourself without resorting to vulgarities?
Old 07-27-06, 11:41 AM
Back in the Saddle

Bikes: Carrera Podium, DB Sorrento

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It’s not your message, but your methods. You really need to be more open of other’s perspectives, whether they agree with you or not. You might actually learn something. Otherwise, why are you posting?
Old 07-27-06, 11:43 AM
Infamous Member

Bikes: Surly Big Dummy, Fuji World, 80ish Bianchi

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
This is just pitiful, what's next, threats of suicide? Boiling rabbits? Talk about starving for attention...geeze.
"Let us hope our weapons are never needed --but do not forget what the common people knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws" - Edward Abbey
Old 07-27-06, 11:47 AM
Immoderator

Bikes: Gary Fisher Simple City 8, Litespeed Obed

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
Happy Trails!
Old 07-27-06, 01:30 PM
Faster but still slow

Bikes: Trek 830 circa 1993 and a Fuji WSD Finest 1.0 2006

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Talk about starving for attention...geeze.
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!
Old 07-27-06, 01:37 PM

Location: Beaufort, South Carolina, USA and surrounding islands.

Bikes: Cannondale R500, Motobecane Messenger

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Too many of us have had to deal with your rants, server wasting posts, and above all snotty attitude for way too long. You have threatened some of us, including one moderator, sued another online forum, and lack any real creditablilty as a safty advocate.

We'll mail you some hand loation so you won't be lonely
Old 07-27-06, 02:49 PM

Bikes: Three road bikes. Two track bikes.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
How do you sue an online forum? On what grounds?
"If you’re new enough [to racing] that you would ask such question, then i would hazard a guess that if you just made up a workout that sounded hard to do, and did it, you’d probably get faster." --the tiniest sprinter
Old 07-27-06, 03:08 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Don't give up N_C. Of course every one here is insensitve. That kind of thing happens when you can ride on the roads with a dump truck on your tail and still maintain a normal blood pressure. A cager couldn't handle that in a dream. So it goes with the territory. Keep up the fight. If you don't, then the cagers win.
Old 07-27-06, 03:11 PM
Good Afternoon!

Bikes: Various by application

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
N_C keep in mind that what goes on here is not advocacy, just discussions about such things.
Old 07-27-06, 03:53 PM
Skin-Pounder

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Watching this person's posts all summer have been like watching a never ending David vs Goliath saga.