Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

POSITIVE experiences with cycling-related businesses

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

POSITIVE experiences with cycling-related businesses

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-07, 08:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
On Line
Wallingford; traded with them several times and they have the fastest delivery turn-around times of anyone.
Harris Cyclery; you name it they have it, and know how to install it.
Peter White; Bought some pit-locks from him, delivered quickly.
The Touring Store; Wayne is a pleasure to deal with, nice man
C-Bike; They sent me a free water bottle with my order
Ortlieb; They thought it took too long to process my order and sent me a free t-shirt for waiting

Brick and mortar
Sunshine Cycles in Athens & Watknisville, Georgia; My LBS, good folks
Bicycle South; in Atlanta--Commuting bike savvy

Last edited by Allen; 01-05-07 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-05-07, 09:13 PM

Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Quoted: 1454 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 40 Posts
It would be better to list reasons and anecdotes supporting why, rather than just offering up advertising with a link.

The thread title does say "positive experiences".
Old 01-06-07, 10:34 AM
Got Bent?

Bikes: Rans F5 Enduro XL

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have started dealing with https://www.biketiresdirect.comout of Portland and have been really impressed. Both orders I have done from them I placed on line during my lunch hour and it was on my door step the next day when I get home. And that was with UPS ground shipping (I only live 150 miles from there).
Old 01-06-07, 06:13 PM

Location: Beaufort, South Carolina, USA and surrounding islands.

Bikes: Cannondale R500, Motobecane Messenger

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Lemme add www.barplugs.com . He is a small custom bar plug guy that has several custom plugs in stock and can make whatever you want on a plug. The quality is good too. He has bar tape and seat bags too. The shipping is USPS first class and my order got to coastal South Carolina from coastal Oregon in 3 days.

www.loosescrews.com is good too for odd bits and parts with excellent service. They sent me the wrong BCD chainring. They sent the replacment first with a return envelope, postage paid, to send back the wrong one. Again, USPS but Proiroty Mail. (damn the spelling)

Last edited by DieselDan; 01-14-09 at 08:47 PM.
Old 01-11-07, 10:35 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 51 Posts
My business is a repair-only LBS. It's very small; under $50K gross receipts per year. All of my wholesale suppliers treat me well, but the standout is Shimano's tech support and warranty. Retail customers take note--Shimano will in my 30+ years' experience in the bike business ALWAYS live up to the letter of their warranty and frequently go beyond. Favorite Shimano warranty story: About 12 years ago when I worked for Bike Gallery (large Portland LBS) a friend of mine brought in a 1975 vintage high-flange Dura Ace hub with a crack in it. I sent it back with a note about "not expecting that you'll do anything with a part this age but...................," and they sent my customer back a pair of then-current Ultegra hubs in the same drilling. FWIW, Ultegra ca. 1995 is a little better than Dura Ace 1975 quality, so they even upgraded him. That's warranty and customer service! Remember that when parts shopping.
Old 01-14-07, 01:33 PM
qqy
▒▒▒▒▒▒

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I once ordered a whole bike from Nashbar, in individual parts, as well as all the tools needed to build it. Aside from the fun of getting exactly what you want and knowing how to put it together, my whole experience was flawless until my last package came it. I had ordered a ISIS Platinum Pro BB, which wasn't in the box, yet had been chekced off on the packing list. I was certain that I wouldn't be able to get them to send another, so I called them up, fully expecting a fight. The person on the other end couldn't have been nicer; she looked up my customer #, saw what I had ordered, and sent the BB the next day without ANY argument or unplesantness. THAT is customer service and they earned a customer for life that day. Can't beat the deals...

MEC has always been excellent to me, and I've been going there for as long as I can remember. I still have the backpack I used in gradeschool, which is testiment to the quality of their in-house products.
Old 02-20-07, 01:00 PM

Bikes: 1960 Denelt; 1970ish Batavas (commuter); 1998 kona cindercone; colnago classic w/campy chorus

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
here's my list:
wallbike: excellant customer service! Bill helped me pick out the right saddle for my needs!
Baileyworks: best mess bag I've owned, again--excellant customer service.
for lbs'a: The Hub in Providence, RI. Good group, active in the community to make providence a more friendly place to commute/messenger/just generally ride about.
Ski Market in Warwick, RI. purchased my daughter's bike there. she's a budding mtn biker. customer service was great, very patient (with the adult and the kid). also, years ago--converted my mtn bike to a singlespeed.

in Western Mass:
Laughing Dog Cyclerly in Amherst these guys have taken care of me during school. trust my bike to them.
Old 02-20-07, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
I ordered a few things from Wallingford recently. Because I ordered during Mardi Gras I got several strands of beads, guaranteed to have been caught during the parades.
They have the fastest turn around of anyone I've traded with on the net.

--A
Old 02-20-07, 04:53 PM
Banned.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Should make this thread a sticky.
Old 02-20-07, 05:53 PM
Ranzak

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Sunshine Cycles in Greenville, SC - Great shop, helpful service and great advice on local mountain biking trails.
Sycamore Cycles across intersection from entrance to Pisgah Forest (NC) Great service, great rentals to help introduce your friends to mountain biking

Old 02-21-07, 10:21 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've had very positive experiences with cycling related businesses. I haven't always bought from these, but they have offered some very good advice and have been very patient and very nice on the phone:

The Touring Store: helped me learn about Ortlieb panniers and Tubus racks. I found great deals on these products on Craigslist so I ended up buying them. I'm going to order a B&M tail light for my Tubus cargo rack from www.thetourningstore.com

Peter White Cycles: excellent customer service. Talked with someone on the phone there that helped me decide on a Carradice saddlebag.

Nashbar.com: They have always been good to me. I've bought a backpack/pannier, wheelsets, repair stand, tires, and some clothing.

Performancebike.com: I've shopped the online store but always ended up going to the local store for my purchases - peddles, tools, shoes, clothes, helmet, tubes,.

Dinottelighting.com - excellent products and awesome customer service!

WOW! I've been spending a hell of alot of money!
Old 08-02-07, 08:54 PM
Grumbly Goat

Bikes: bicycles with round wheels

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Our Community Bikes vancouver BC: great service, friendly staff, tons of used parts bins for me to dig thru to fin that elusive SACHS freewheel cog spacer.
Old 08-02-07, 09:42 PM
cab horn

Bikes: 1987 Bianchi Campione

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
Probikekit FTW!
Old 08-02-07, 09:54 PM
I found a road bike.

Bikes: K2 Attack 1.0sE

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sportchek: Game me a free tune-up when I brought in my bike, and replaced my broken shifter with labor free. Got the best ones, and it only cost me $35 beecause of the nice people.

Oh and Henrys pro photo shop gives me free stuff like cases from time to time cuz I'm a regular customer that spent +500 there!
Old 08-03-07, 12:08 PM

Bikes: Scott cr1. Scott Plasma.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
https://www.worldclasscycles.com has fast service and good old fashioned low prices.

https://www.dtswiss.com has super customer service as they replaced a cracked RR1.1 rim which I had no receipt for (ebay). Posted a thread in the road section a couple days ago...
Old 08-03-07, 01:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Harris Cyclery is great! I wouldn't have the bike I have today without them
and major props to my local shop, Bicycle wheelers on Rural and broadway in Tempe. the guys are knowledgeable and friendly. and a couple of times on my way home I stopped for a repair and they did it right then! I bought all my bike accesories there. they fixed up two old three speeds I found in the trash that I am going to make into "Art Bikes".... they are just generally great all round.

Cyclists fare best when they recognize that there are times when acting vehicularly is not the best practice, and are flexible enough to do what is necessary as the situation warrants.--Me
Old 08-11-07, 11:36 AM

Bikes: KHS steel SS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
NASHBAR- I've had excellent service from them. Only one problem, and they fixed it, plus free shipping, plus a big discount.
RESER CYCLES-LBS Newport, Ky. Excellent service, I haven't yet bought a bike from them, but they help me with my crazy projects anyway. Decent prices, very nice people. My next new bike will come from there.
Old 08-15-07, 07:19 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
In Colorado Springs....

Blane Hook at BikeProMobile, Mobile repair guy...best mechanic in town (I've tried them all). A very decent, honest guy with lots of experience and integrity . Fair prices. 572-0333.

Pro Cycling - Robert spent hours helping me with fit problems. Finally bought an Orbea Opal from them. A first-class, locally owned shop that puts a premium on customer service.
Old 08-15-07, 07:23 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ltspd
Blane Hook at BikeProMobile, Mobile repair guy...best mechanic in town (I've tried them all). A very decent, honest guy with lots of experience and integrity . Fair prices. 572-0333.

Pro Cycling - Robert spent hours helping me with fit problems. Finally bought an Orbea Opal from them. A first-class, locally owned shop that puts a premium on customer service.
In Colorado Springs, that is....
Old 08-15-07, 07:30 PM
Got Bent?

Bikes: Rans F5 Enduro XL

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I forgot about this thread, but I just had one outstanding case with Topeak. I noticed that my Joe Blow pump gage wasn't zeroing out anymore so I went to their web site and just asked if there was an adjustment. Next thing I know they wanted a mailing address to send me a new gage with out me even asking. That blew me away!
Old 08-17-07, 03:17 PM
bac

Bikes: Too many to list!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DieselDan
Lemme add www.barplugs.com .
I can't get to this site. Can anyone??? ThanX!

... Brad
Old 08-17-07, 05:38 PM
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 3090 Post(s)
Liked 6,599 Times in 3,785 Posts
Maybe it is supposed to be https://www.barplugs4u.com
Old 08-22-07, 09:46 AM
n00b

Bikes: Hoffman Rhythm, Langster London, Old sko Huffy 15speed

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
LBS in Orlando, Orange Cycle works.

I bought my bike there and they couldnt have been more helpful.

More over, when I had a problem with the bike that w/e I brought it in that Saturday morning and the shop was very very busy. I walked to the service area and stood for about 30 seconds when one of the mechanics asked me what I needed. I said, "My lock ring is loose, can you tighten it?" With out asking if I bought the bike there, or checking their records he put a wrench to my bike and before I could even look around (shopping) he was finished and I was off on my ride.

Great shop, great people, and the best customer service I have ever experienced.

Mead
Old 09-26-07, 03:20 PM
Crushing souls

Bikes: Trek 1500

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
LBS: Eddy's Bike Shop in Stow, Ohio. Very knowledgeable staff, MASSIVE showroom; tons of selection. I once counted, they had over 1000 bikes sitting on the floor. They also have a great selection of parts and accessories, They are not as cheap as the online stores, but they make up for it in customer- service and knowlegability.

What's frightening is how coherent Hickey was in posting that.
Old 09-26-07, 06:40 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've only recently got back into riding again and so I only have one positive experience so far. But I had a good experience with chickabike on E-Bay which I guess is pretty much bikesdirect.com The bike came within the week and in good shape.

Also, I don't care whether anyone here believes I'm not a schill or not, as I'm the only one that has to be happy on my purchase.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.