Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Sincere apology to all Okinawa folding bike fans who wanted

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-09, 01:40 AM
Each Drop of Sweat Counts

Bikes: Trek FX2, Trek Verve 3, Dahon Launch D8, Dahon Jetstream XP, Dahon Speed P8, Dahon Speed TR, Dahon Speed TT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 4 Posts

to see the Speed TT at Haebaru Bridgestone.

You'll have to come to my house instead. Couldn't take it anymore. Went and picked it up today.

Slapped a PET bottle holder on it and a couple lights (not everything in the photo). I'm going to pick up a black arclite rack for it. LBS had silver but this bike needs black trim.

I know a bike like this probably shouldn't have a rack but I like having a rack. Sue me.

Anyway, any Oki guys want to see it or ride it let me know.

And yes I know the seat is tilted too much and yes I know the Suntour folding pedals aren't cool for this bike. I'll pick up some SPuD's for it soon. Bike not set up in any way shape or form in this photo.

Too windy here today to go to far anyway.

John

Old 04-30-09, 06:48 AM
小型自転車マニアック \(^o^)y

Bikes: Mu P8, customized Xootr Swift

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OMG! YOU GOT IT!
WOW! Looks great! I'm VERY curious how she rides!

If you happen to be anywhere near Camp Lester during lunch, please join us for a lunch ride!

Today a friend and I did a quick 25km ride past Torii, around the flight line, into gate3, then around an awesome road w/dips & curves that hugged the fence line back to gate1.

We're planning on riding again tomorrow from 1130 on.

Hope to run into you! And would love to check out your SpeedTT!! - Since I can't gawk over it a Bridgestone!

Apology accepted!
Enjoy!!
Kaito
Old 04-30-09, 08:27 AM
New usename ThorUSA

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
congrats
thor
Old 04-30-09, 09:40 AM

Bikes: "Hildy", a Novara Randonee touring bike; a 16-speed Bike Friday Tikit; and a Specialized Stumpjumper frame-based built-up MTB, now serving as the kid-carrier, grocery-getter.

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
That's a beautiful bike! Do you have a picture of it folded?

My bands:
Old 04-30-09, 11:03 AM

Bikes: Dahon Speed TR and Dahon Speed Pro TT

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
nice. very ery ry y nice.....i am drooling.....
Old 04-30-09, 12:50 PM

Bikes: Trek FX2, Trek Verve 3, Dahon Launch D8, Dahon Jetstream XP, Dahon Speed P8, Dahon Speed TR, Dahon Speed TT

Kaito,

Where are you kicking off from? Not sure I can make it today for the ride. I'm planning on running this morning and going to yoga. I might be able to swing by though. I'm close to Lester.

John
Old 04-30-09, 02:00 PM
finding the path

Bikes: Downtube IX

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Worthy purchase! I'm sure you'll enjoy the ride!
Would love to see the improvements when you're done....cheers!
Old 04-30-09, 02:50 PM
小型自転車マニアック \(^o^)y

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TrekJapan
Kaito,

Where are you kicking off from? Not sure I can make it today for the ride. I'm planning on running this morning and going to yoga. I might be able to swing by though. I'm close to Lester.

John
John-san,
We're heading out from the hospital. (where we work) I'm officed right above the fitness center, next door to the post office.

If today doesn't work for you, sometime soon, ne. We ride regularly, weekdays during lunch, and weekends, usually early am rides.

Here's my keitai - 090 5720 0527
If you don't mind, give me a buzz when you're free. It would be nice catching up with you.

yoroshiku~!
K.
Old 04-30-09, 03:18 PM

I was in your building a week or two ago meeting with the engineer up there. I'm the visual landing aids guy and they're putting a VLA in on the new hospital helo pad.

I might be able to swing by. I live on the MCB and work there as well. I'm close to the Commissary gate.

I run to work in the mornings and if nothing serious happens at work I sneak out at lunch and go to yoga.

The Speed TT is at my house but if I walk home for lunch I'll grab it and shoot down to Lester.

I usually go to the Cove right next to you on Friday nights as well. Usually ride a foldie down there, do the yopari thing and take a taxi home with the foldie in the trunk.

John
Old 04-30-09, 03:46 PM
Sprint the hills!

Bikes: Klein Q-Pro w/Campy, Dahon MU P8

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Very nice! Will you take a picture of it folded?
Old 04-30-09, 04:47 PM
小型自転車マニアック \(^o^)y

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was in your building a week or two ago meeting with the engineer up there. I'm the visual landing aids guy and they're putting a VLA in on the new hospital helo pad.

I might be able to swing by. I live on the MCB and work there as well. I'm close to the Commissary gate.

I run to work in the mornings and if nothing serious happens at work I sneak out at lunch and go to yoga.

The Speed TT is at my house but if I walk home for lunch I'll grab it and shoot down to Lester.

I usually go to the Cove right next to you on Friday nights as well. Usually ride a foldie down there, do the yopari thing and take a taxi home with the foldie in the trunk.

John

HA! Go figure! If you were here meeting with the engineers, you were 20 feet away from where I'm officed! - Where you turned left, at the top of the stairwell, I'm located straight thru. (second door to the left) Name's tagged at the left of the door too. ~ I'm with the Directorate of Public Health (DPH), and work in Industrial Hygiene.

Today's another windy one! (wish I were kitesurfing!) But we're still planning on heading out around 1135~1145ish. If you swing by, or even are on your way, denwa kudasai. please call, we'll wait for ya, or decide on an easy meeting-point.

I, and another person here at the hospital, would love to see your SpeedTT.

Again, if you're too busy, we can coordinate a ride next week, ne. ~ can't this weekend - my son and I are going cycling on Kume-island, so we'll be off the bigger rock, and hopping (rather floating on a ferry) to a smaller one.

TGIF!
Kaito *my desk denwa: 643-7541 yoroshiku~!

Last edited by Kaito; 04-30-09 at 05:12 PM.
Old 06-06-09, 05:31 PM

Bikes: 08 Motobecane Immortal Force, 06 Focus Black Forest Xtracycle, 02 GT Aggressor 1.0; 09 Bike Friday Pocket Sport

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Speed TT - brakes

I saw that bike hanging from the ceiling ... it wasn't too long ago so they must've gotten another one. How do you like the linear pull brakes? I did an internet search on the Speed TT and it looks like past models used to have regular calipers. When I saw the linears on the one in Bridgestone, I thought, "ugh, why did they do that?"

Chris
Old 06-06-09, 07:00 PM

They must have had one in the back because I bought this and went back a couple days later and another TT is hanging as you know.

The calipers are fine. Just got back from a 60K ride and never a problem with the brakes.

John
Old 06-06-09, 10:50 PM

Bikes: Dahon Speed TR and Dahon Speed Pro TT

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
They must have had one in the back because I bought this and went back a couple days later and another TT is hanging as you know.

The calipers are fine. Just got back from a 60K ride and never a problem with the brakes.

John
john,

where's the pic of your TT folded.....

thanks,
vic