Search
Notices
Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Destin Bike Rental

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-10, 07:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Destin Bike Rental

Going to be in Santa Rosa next weekend. I can't find a place to rent a road bike, and I would love to ride while I am done there.

If you know of a place to rent, or have an extra bike and want to have someone to ride with, let me know.

Thanks.
Old 05-18-10, 01:02 PM
Cat 6

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 500 Post(s)
Liked 184 Times in 119 Posts
There was a bike shop IIRC between SanDestin and Panama City that was roadie-friendly, but I don't recall the name or know if they rented bikes. Most of the places along the beach specialize in the beach cruiser rentals. Another shop in Blue Mountain Beach was roadie-friendly as well. I may look for names for these places. I have stopped in both to buy tubes.

Follow-up edit: The first is actually in Miramar: robinsbikes.com

The second: either isn't there or maybe has changed hands/focus. Didn't see any road bikes on either shop in Blue Mtn.

So I would try Robin's. If not there, Panama City is close to Santa Rosa, but I've never stopped in any shops there on my rides.
72 Frejus (for sale), Holdsworth Record (for sale), special CNC & Gitane Interclub / 74 Italvega NR (for sale) / c80 French / 82 Raleigh Intl MkII f&f (for sale)/ 83 Trek 620 (for sale)/ 84 Bruce Gordon Chinook (for sale)/ 85 Ron Cooper / 87 Centurion IM MV (for sale) / 03 Casati Dardo / 08 BF IRO / 09 Dogma FPX / 09 Giant TCX0 / 10 Vassago Fisticuff

Last edited by Ex Pres; 05-18-10 at 01:17 PM.
Old 05-18-10, 05:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ex Pres
There was a bike shop IIRC between SanDestin and Panama City that was roadie-friendly, but I don't recall the name or know if they rented bikes. Most of the places along the beach specialize in the beach cruiser rentals. Another shop in Blue Mountain Beach was roadie-friendly as well. I may look for names for these places. I have stopped in both to buy tubes.

Follow-up edit: The first is actually in Miramar: robinsbikes.com

The second: either isn't there or maybe has changed hands/focus. Didn't see any road bikes on either shop in Blue Mtn.

So I would try Robin's. If not there, Panama City is close to Santa Rosa, but I've never stopped in any shops there on my rides.
Thanks for the reply. I was actually looking for a bike to rent to use on the Robins Bikes shop rides on Tuesday and Thursday. I contacted them about a month ago, and sadly the don't rent bikes. Looks like I will be bike less on this trip.

Thanks for helping.