Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Bike shop in Nashville, Tn

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-10, 08:51 PM

Bikes: Giant NRS3, Novara Randonee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm riding the Natchez Trace this fall and want to ship my bike to a shop in Nashville that could assemble it for me. Any suggestions on bike shops there?
Old 08-25-10, 11:58 PM

Bikes: Cannondale t1, Koga-Miyata World Traveller

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
It is interesting that bike touring and bike maintenance (or assembly) are separate hobbies. Tourers that have a LBS do all their repairs, and mechanics who are happy sleeping in their own bed every night. But as I see it, the two activities, touring and bike maintenance, are a pretty good match and go hand in hand. I just finished a 400 km tour in which I fixed a broken chain and fixed a flat. Needing a LBS to do either repair would have been inconvenient, time consuming, and the taxi rides would have been expensive.
Old 08-26-10, 04:58 AM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Try this shop: https://www.tracebikes.com/
"Trace Bikes in Nashville, TN is a full service bike shop offering bikes from Trek, Look, Litespeed, and Gary Fisher. We can repair almost anything on wheels, offer professional bike fittings, maintenance clinics, group rides, etc. We're located on Hwy 100, in the shops that surround the Loveless Café and the Natchez Trace Parkway is just outside our front door. Stop in and see us sometime, we always love to meet new cyclists."

I don't work for them, have never used them, etc. But I was in contact with a mech/rider who works there when I was researching my own route that included the Trace. Seemed like a nice guy and, as stated above, is all but right on the Trace.

Last edited by drmweaver2; 08-26-10 at 10:45 AM.
Old 08-26-10, 07:57 AM
But wait... I AM the man.

Bikes: Merlin Extralight DA, 1982 Peugeot CFX-10 Campy NR, 7 Cruisers kept at beach, Raleigh Passage 4.0 hybrid, Marin Commuter with racks and bags

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
My daughter goes to Vanderbilt so everytime I'm up there I visit Cumberland Transit, right next to campus. Great shop that is much more than just bikes -- lots of backpacking, flyfishing and running also. Old building with hardwood floors, multiple lofts, etc.

Last time I was there they were custom building two Long Haul Truckers for customers, so they will not be strangers to touring setups.

No affiliation, etc. Just love the store

https://www.cumberlandtransit.com/