Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

CHOB from Sweden!

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

CHOB from Sweden!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-11, 01:37 PM

Bikes: Considering a Kona Sutra for my trip! (And love my old Crescent White Lady from the 80's)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CHOB from Sweden!

CHOB:

1) The act of being a complete moron, asshat or assclown.
2) Claiming you actually know what it is you are doing while you clearly do not.

3) Abbreviation for Chick On Bike!

(I added the last one, but they all fit me pretty well)

I, Anna Rickman, am a Swedish, 26-yearold with an appetite for adventure who, with no previous long-distance cycling experience, have decided that long-distance cycling experience is something I'd like to have.
I intend to take on this challenge alone, because frankly I like my own company, and because I'm a woman, people seem to think I should by no means travel on my own, which makes me want to prove them wrong. (What I worry most about is how to avoid getting my gear stolen when I pop into the grocery stores and such for provisions - I don't want to take it all with me every time. I'm developing a complex strategy here which is based on lots of good karma.)

I'll be heading to the states in September for a 3-month coast to coast adventure. Until then, it's all about preparations, like buying a bike and asking you nice folks for advice.

Come over to www.chickonbike.com and say hi!

Anna

Last edited by chickonbike; 03-13-11 at 04:25 PM. Reason: New information/changed plans
Old 03-09-11, 01:40 PM
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1350 Post(s)
Liked 1,245 Times in 623 Posts
Thanks for joining Anna.
You are going to experience a great adventure.

Old 03-09-11, 01:47 PM

Bikes: Considering a Kona Sutra for my trip! (And love my old Crescent White Lady from the 80's)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I do believe I will! Thank you!
Old 03-09-11, 09:18 PM
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,406 Times in 900 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums, I hope you get your Kona Sutra!! (And were the biceps REALLY that nice?)
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Old 03-10-11, 02:24 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind
Welcome to Bike Forums, I hope you get your Kona Sutra!! (And were the biceps REALLY that nice?)
Haha, good enough! Thank you. I'm planning to order my Sutra this weekend!
Old 03-10-11, 11:32 AM

Bikes: '07 Trek 520, '09 Gary Fisher Triton, '04 Trek 8000, '85 Trek 500, '84 Trek 610, '85 Trek 510, '88 Trek 660, '92 Trek 930, Trek Multitrack 700

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hello Anna,

To put your mom at ease have her check out some of the journals at https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/?o=RrzKj she'll see that we're not a nation of knife weilding, trailer trash. *******.
"When I hear another express an opinion, which is not mine, I say to myself, He has a right to his opinion, as I to mine; why should I question it. His error does me no injury, and shall I become a Don Quixot to bring all men by force of argument, to one opinion? If a fact be misstated, it is probable he is gratified by a belief of it, and I have no right to deprive him of the gratification."

T. Jefferson
Old 03-11-11, 06:48 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bhchdh
Hello Anna,

To put your mom at ease have her check out some of the journals at https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/?o=RrzKj she'll see that we're not a nation of knife weilding, trailer trash. *******.
Haha, I don't believe she thinks other bicyclists are that way especially. It's probably more of a general worry that her daughter will be on her own, far away from home... And also, she's sort of the worst-case-scenario queen, while all her kids are a bit more "hippie go lucky", which she simply doesn't understand. (We got that from dad)
Old 03-11-11, 08:04 AM
Double Rainbow....

Bikes: 2012 Trek/Gary Fisher Wahoo 29r Hardtail

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello and welcome!!
Old 03-11-11, 05:41 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NCROADBIKER
Hello and welcome!!
Thank you!