Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

end of year

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-13, 02:40 PM
rck

Bikes: cannondale 400st, dean el diente, specialized hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
end of year

The weather here has gotten cold, snowy and continues to be breezy and for all practical purposes has ended my biking for the year. I'm not a ride in the snow kind of guy and if I wish to commit suicide there are faster less painful ways than riding a trainer! I would have liked to get at least one more short ride on the trail bike in order to roll it over to an even 600 miles and it could still happen. On the other hand its probably better to not cater to obsessive behavior.

All in all a C year, which is good as it means that I was not so anal-retentive about mileage as per above. I was happy to get more road (as opposed to trail) riding in as I can go farther more comfortably and the routes are much more varied. I'm also faster on the road. Not LA faster, even with Ibuprofen on board, but faster nonetheless.

So lest I forget later and later comes earlier these years, I hope all have had a good year on and off of the bike! Let the holidays begin!
Old 12-13-13, 10:04 PM
Banned

Bikes: RANS Stratus TerraTrike Tour II

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 3352 Post(s)
Liked 1,056 Times in 635 Posts
rck

I am in the same boat with you. I hate to ride in the cold all bundled up. I really dont like to ride if I cant wear shorts. Im back in the basement with the boring exercise machine and hand weights.
Old 12-13-13, 10:45 PM

Bikes: 2018 Roubaix Expert Di2, 2016 Diverge Expert X1

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked 151 Times in 105 Posts
Originally Posted by rck
The weather here has gotten cold, snowy and continues to be breezy and for all practical purposes has ended my biking for the year. I'm not a ride in the snow kind of guy and if I wish to commit suicide there are faster less painful ways than riding a trainer! I would have liked to get at least one more short ride on the trail bike in order to roll it over to an even 600 miles and it could still happen. On the other hand its probably better to not cater to obsessive behavior.

All in all a C year, which is good as it means that I was not so anal-retentive about mileage as per above. I was happy to get more road (as opposed to trail) riding in as I can go farther more comfortably and the routes are much more varied. I'm also faster on the road. Not LA faster, even with Ibuprofen on board, but faster nonetheless.

So lest I forget later and later comes earlier these years, I hope all have had a good year on and off of the bike! Let the holidays begin!
I was more happy to get trail than road miles "D I too am locked in because the trails have too much snow and it is dangerous enough without the snow on the roads to work where I live. I was hoping to get 3000 mi this year but am settling for 2700.

On to the trainer and holidays. I just hope I can keep the weight down and be in shape to start up in the spring.

Cheers & happy holidays and good riding to all!