Search
Notices
Rides and Races A place for posting group rides, races, and regional threads for the fixed gear and single speed forum.

Toronto Fixed

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-06, 06:58 AM
Dances With Cars

Bikes: TBL Onyx Pro(ss converted), Pake SS (starting to look kinda pimped)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
woooohooooo, duppy it ain't cold yet!!!!
You said you wanted to ride this winter, prepare your mind, this is warm.
Old 10-13-06, 07:09 AM
::3 o'clock roadblock::

Bikes: IRO jaimie roy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TRaffic Jammer
woooohooooo, duppy it ain't cold yet!!!!
You said you wanted to ride this winter, prepare your mind, this is warm.
hehehehehehehe I knowwwwwwww ughhhhhhhhhh

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh canadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa our home a freezing land!! here we go...

on another note after working all day with no breaks and rushing to get out a report...I finally get all done at 6pm send it out...computer system fails...jump on my bike to go home....turn the corner outside of work and wipe out....look at my tire....pssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss....its flat....duhr no wonder I wiped out...hike to cavern and get a new tube...what a loser I am for not preparing...thanx for the save keith!! need to get on the tool/patchkit/pump thang and learn some bike maintenance....Im to used to riding knobbies and not caring what I ride over , and im also to used to quick release...the thought of pulling a tire off on the road...let alone having to line it up and put it back on never crossed my mind...until yesterday.
Old 10-13-06, 07:30 AM
Gone, but not forgotten

Bikes: spicer fixie, Haro BMX, cyclops track, Soma Double Cross, KHS Flite 100

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Haha I owned a cabbie today. I was riding east on front just before york st intersection, and the cabbie pulls one of those without warning 30km/h u turns into the opposing curb. I have to take evasive action and go around his rear bumper. I look behind and we are the only ones in the right lane and I'm in front of him, so I liesurely go and pull up to the middle of the lane and track stand there patiently and wait. I KNEW he was going to start honking at me! And he did! first a few toots, but then eventually he just laid on it and all the peds were giving him a crazy look. I did the 'is someone calling my name' cupped hand to ear thing jeremy said he did. Then, just before the light turned greeen, his honking unnerved me and made me accidentally drop my light on the ground! I of course took a while to get it as I had to get off the bike and bend over, ass towards the taxi, pick the thing up and remount. The whole time he is honking. I turn, smile, wave and ride across the intersection. When I looked back he was yelling in his car and making the crazy finger stirring the temple thing. The taxi guns it to turn right and has to screech on the brakes to avoid running down a stream of pedestrians. Stupid cabbies. I'm going to start doing this as a personal mission of justice. You can call me the TAXI DELAYER!
Old 10-13-06, 07:42 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shiznaz
Haha I owned a cabbie today.
hahahahaha nice one bredda nice one....hearing stories like that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside
Old 10-13-06, 07:48 AM
So I says to Mable I says

Bikes: '05 Urbanite Fixie, '06 Lemond Croix de Fer, '06 Jamis Dragon Pro, '07 IRO Bikeforums Track, '07 Planet-X Uncle John

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jeremywhitehorn
as for pleasure rides in the winter, i see no greater pleasure than riding our bikes to the pub and downing a few while we talk shop. that's a winter pleasure ride...
you neglected to mention our single-malt scotch tasting night.

oh, lord don't tell me that. i have the biggest boyhood-like crush on audrey tatou. she's in my "coffee date hot" category (exclusive to smart/talented brunettes) with wynona rider, sophia copplola and tina fey. that's right i have a list. ideal coffee you say...
That's a fine list you have there! And I definitely have one of those as well. I think my additions are all in the same "genre".

a man is entitled to his lists (my wife has her's too).
darn tootin'.

ok.. to add something unrelated to posts by jeremy: is anyone up for some beers this weekend? This cold weather is leaving me with a hankering for a pint of stout. Anyone know of any place with any non-guiness stout? Nothing against Guiness, I just want something new.
Old 10-13-06, 07:51 AM
cab horn

Bikes: 1987 Bianchi Campione

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
ROFL, shiznaz.
Old 10-13-06, 07:57 AM
Jonnys ilegitimate Father

Bikes: too many too list

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by somnambulant

That's a fine list you have there! And I definitely have one of those as well. I think my additions are all in the same "genre".

darn tootin'.

ok.. to add something unrelated to posts by jeremy: is anyone up for some beers this weekend? This cold weather is leaving me with a hankering for a pint of stout. Anyone know of any place with any non-guiness stout? Nothing against Guiness, I just want something new.
There are many locally made, good stouts around. I am however at a loss to come up with a bar/pub that stocks em....someone has Oatmeal Stout on tap but the name escapes me at the moment.
On the scotch front, thanks to the tip of another generous customer I have another to add to the tasting. A bottle of tasty Lagavulin...peaty Islay malt....MMMMMMMMMMMMM.
Old 10-13-06, 08:00 AM
Dances With Cars

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Don't they just lose their little minds when some loathsome BIKER dares get in their way of getting in other ppl's way? What's next Shizy? Hunting mirrors with U-locks? Car keys in the sewer?

*sniff* Our boy is growing up I'm so proud.
Old 10-13-06, 08:04 AM
cab horn

Originally Posted by cavernmech
There are many locally made, good stouts around. I am however at a loss to come up with a bar/pub that stocks em....someone has Oatmeal Stout on tap but the name escapes me at the moment.
On the scotch front, thanks to the tip of another generous customer I have another to add to the tasting. A bottle of tasty Lagavulin...peaty Islay malt....MMMMMMMMMMMMM.
That pub we all went to last CM had oatmeal stout
Old 10-13-06, 08:11 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by operator
That pub we all went to last CM had oatmeal stout
but the servers leave something to be desired...
Old 10-13-06, 08:13 AM
In Velo Veritas

Bikes: Menonite black urbanite, probably enough spare parts to make anther one.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

darn tootin'.

c'est what on front has a nice oatmeal stout microbrew (at least they did last time i was there many moons ago).
Old 10-13-06, 08:14 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Anyone know of any place with any non-guiness stout? Nothing against Guiness, I just want something new.
yo man the Trini stout Royal Extra is boss but I dont think you could get that anywhere cept the lcbo...which is the better way to go IMO...Bars charge too damn much these days...
Old 10-13-06, 08:15 AM
In Velo Veritas

Bikes: Menonite black urbanite, probably enough spare parts to make anther one.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
jesus, that's some tip! and right in time for winter. there's got to be some places around that serve non-guiness draft stout
Old 10-13-06, 08:15 AM
Dances With Cars

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by duppy.conqueror
They had servers?
Old 10-13-06, 08:18 AM
Get the stick.

Bikes: 12 Y.O. Litespeed MTB, IRO Jamie Roy fixie, Custom Habanero Ti 'Cross, No name SS MTB, Old school lugged steel track bike (soon)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Car keys in the sewer?
Anyone actually pull this one off? I tried one time, but it is really hard to get the keys out of the ignition from outside the car. Mirror T-ball, U lock window and light smash was all too common for me, before I found Jesus.
Old 10-13-06, 08:19 AM
cab horn

Originally Posted by duppy.conqueror
I think they got the message after we left. Haha.
Old 10-13-06, 08:20 AM
Gone, but not forgotten

Bikes: spicer fixie, Haro BMX, cyclops track, Soma Double Cross, KHS Flite 100

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Don't they just lose their little minds when some loathsome BIKER dares get in their way of getting in other ppl's way? What's next Shizy? Hunting mirrors with U-locks? Car keys in the sewer?

*sniff* Our boy is growing up I'm so proud.
I'm just going to try to be passive agressive like my drunk aunt. Its much more infuriating! I have yet to break out the U-Lock. I'm going to save that one for the Evil Taxitron-Cycrusher 7000. Its driven by a crack team of 15 terrible taxi drivers and is in a constant state of doing unsafe u-turns while the doors constantly open a close. The horn is always on.
Old 10-13-06, 08:20 AM
Get the stick.

Bikes: 12 Y.O. Litespeed MTB, IRO Jamie Roy fixie, Custom Habanero Ti 'Cross, No name SS MTB, Old school lugged steel track bike (soon)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
there's got to be some places around that serve non-guiness draft stout
There used to be a place on College that had some silly number of taps....I want to say 100, but that sounds excessive. I think it's near spadina somewhere.
Old 10-13-06, 08:21 AM
Dances With Cars

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've seen it done from across the street. He was a big one (messenger) though maybe the driver leaned back from fear. I've done all the glass surfaces as well, wasn't common though. Jesus Built My Hotrod.

This is why I leave my U-lock at work, it can become too easy to dispense U-justice. Each use takes a bit of your soul until you find yourself to be a road raging lunatic not too too unlike the evil cab drivers you seek to vanquish. I currently attempt to carve the abyss in a heightened state of Zen Courier where a car must fall straight from the sky to get me. Where I feel the air move around me, before the bumper moves. These are not the cyclists you're looking for.

Last edited by TRaffic Jammer; 10-13-06 at 08:39 AM.
Old 10-13-06, 08:26 AM
Get the stick.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I've seen it done from across the street. He was a big one (messenger) though maybe the driver leaned back from fear. I've done all the glass surfaces as well, wasn't common though. Jesus Built My Hotrod.
Classic, I wish I had seen it. Last time I popped some redneck dude's brake light, he threw a patio chair at me-it was in the middle of kensington MKT on a busy weekend too-remarkably the chair didn't hit anyone. I was laughing so hard I thought I would crash.
Old 10-13-06, 08:27 AM
So I says to Mable I says

Bikes: '05 Urbanite Fixie, '06 Lemond Croix de Fer, '06 Jamis Dragon Pro, '07 IRO Bikeforums Track, '07 Planet-X Uncle John

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had it for the first time at Magpie, but I'm not sure if they switch up their selection regularly and that was last halloween at the alleycat/goldsprints festivities.

Originally Posted by Shiznaz
I'm just going to try to be passive agressive like my drunk aunt. Its much more infuriating! I have yet to break out the U-Lock. I'm going to save that one for the Evil Taxitron-Cycrusher 7000. Its driven by a crack team of 15 terrible taxi drivers and is in a constant state of doing unsafe u-turns while the doors constantly open a close. The horn is always on.
best. post. evar.

ps. how nerdy is it of me that when duppy first commented on the "servers" being slow my brain immediately went to computers?
pps. you guys scare me.. I feel like I need a giant "bicycle friendly driver" sticker in my rear window just in case I make a small mistake sometime.
Old 10-13-06, 08:56 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
jesus, that's some tip! and right in time for winter.
What can I say. What I lack in income I make up for with the generous gratuities of my more well heeled customers. Sometimes going the extra (no charge) mile for people pays off. I also recieve regular "botanical" tips from folks which I also greatly appreciate.
Oh yeah...after our last stellar service at the Victory we may want to steer clear of that place for a bit...I like my pints sans gob/phlegm.
Old 10-13-06, 09:02 AM
Tie me up, Tie me down

Bikes: The Brown Beast

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Vic is a great place when that patio is bumpin' without the patio its a bad bar with too many poets and no hot servers.
Old 10-13-06, 09:05 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I know its still early but thought I would throw this out there. Myself and the G.F. are thinking about a couple trips up to Blue Mountain this winter. We have been considering renting one of the big chalets if we can get enuf folks interested. Perhaps a long weekend or maybe even during the week if everyone can get a few days off work. Anyone interested?
Old 10-13-06, 09:07 AM
Dances With Cars

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hot?..... dude wasn't even tepid.
I think he was working the cold, dark patio as a punishment.
He could have easily scored with us already loosened patrons, but alas, he took it out on us and suffered the-no-tip-for-you consequences.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.