Treefox
Young and unconcerned

Bikes: Yeah, I got a few.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Stiff crit wheel recommendations?

After trashing my rear Easton Orion II this season, I've been riding with a Ksyrium Equipe rear wheel (which I had lying around) and find it a little bit too mushy for my tastes, especially on quick accelerations and climbing.

So, dear denizens of BF, any recommendations for a stiff stiff stiff rear wheel, with a reasonable nod to aerodynamics, weight, and price?

I believe the EA90 SL is the wheel that's superseded the Orion II, so that'd be the logical replacement as I liked the ride of the Orion II (though the Orion had the asymmetrical rear rim profile, which in theory should add stiffness). But I'm certainly not wedded to that. I expect I'd get a wheel targeted toward the clydesdale market, though I'm not too beefy myself. I've had a look at the HED Ardennes, though that's probably a bit pricey for me if I ended up having to pay full price.

FWIW, depending on the race, I've got a pair of Mavic Cosmic Carbone Premiums when aero seems to be called for. They're annoyingly un-stiff as well, and heavy.