View Single Post
Old 11-08-09, 09:14 PM
Rhodabike

Bikes: Reynolds 531P road bike, Rocky Mountain Metropolis, Rocky Mountain Sherpa 10, Look 566

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by aidanpryde18
...Excitedly, I ran back and picked up the XL version. Go back to the dressing room, throw it on, and it looks good, form fitting but it is just a little bit tight. Not bad, I can wear it, but I'm afraid that once I wash it, it will shrink just enough to be too small.

The worst part of weight loss is being in between sizes, I either look dumpy and lazy, or like a bratwurst squeezed into a casing. I'm used to it a little bit since when I started losing weight I was in a 46 pant, and a 3XL shirt, but it just doesn't get any easier...
Wash the tee shirt in cold water and lay it flat to dry like a sweater, with maybe just a few minutes of tumble drying at low heat to shake out the wrinkles. That will keep it from shrinking.
Clothing sizes are highly erratic and vary greatly from manufacturer to manufacturer. Even two size "large" shirts of the same model from the same factory can be slightly different, if the person wielding the rotary cutter angled the blade slightly when cutting out pieces from several layers of fabric. It doesn't pay to assign too much meaning to sizes. If you go from wearing mostly XXL and XL clothes to averaging M's and L's in your closet, you're doing well.