View Single Post
Old 11-09-09, 12:29 PM
meanwhile

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by knobster
I only have cyclocross bikes as well, but I still struggle with tires. I have multiple wheelsets with different tires, but I have to plan my rides. If doing road rides, I have my road wheelset with road tires, for trails. If I could find a tire that would suffice for both, I'd be one happy camper and then the cyclocross bike would truely be a go anywhere bike. For me that is..
What have you tried? The adventure touring people seem very happy with either Marathon Supremes (ultra fast touring slick with some off road capability, especially in the wider sizes - I'd go 40mm) or Extremes (said to be about the fastest treaded tyre you can buy; excellent road handling - ie doesn't suffer tread flexing and "walking" in tight corners.) I've read posts by people who even use the Extremes for MTBing, up until the point they need a tyre with high speed good cornering in mud.

In defence of my current Weird Turquoise Michelins they're great off road and fast and even corner well on tarmac. Just a shame they can't brake there too...