View Single Post
Old 11-14-09, 09:21 AM
Nigeyy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I have Panaracer Urban Maxx (Maxxi [plural?!) -they seem to have a very similar tread pattern. I also have some Panaracer Paselas on my beater bike -again, with what seems to be an identical tread pattern.

While I'm [cough] a little overweight, these tyres have held up really well, and I've had no sidewall issues at all. The only issue I've had have been these tyres seem to have some noticeably greater rolling resistance. It all came about when I was measuring times for a commute, and every time I rode a bike with the Panaracers on, I was slower. I then rode the same bike with Schwalbe Marathons (1/4 wider too!) and my times were improved immediately. When this happened I hadn't read -as far as I could recall -any information about Panaracers having bad rolling resistance, and I tried to put as much equal efforts into my commutes, tyre pressure was good, etc. Anecdotal I know, but I'm pretty convinced they have bad rolling resistance.

So..... while I would buy Panaracers with similar tread pattern again, I think they wouldn't be my first choice.