Old 11-15-09, 04:06 PM
edwong3

Bikes: 2023 Zizzo Liberte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 46 Posts
Seen a Barcelona today!

Today I got a chance to finally see a new Citizen Barcelona up close. While resting under a gazebo in Cady Way Park here in Orlando, a young woman went by riding her Barcelona toward the parking lot. It was the "Ivory" colored model with the optional basket. I was on my non folding full size beach cruiser, and rode over to the lot to introduce myself as a folding bike owner. She was preparing to fold the bike, and put it away in the trunk of her car.

According to her, she had just gotten it, and was very happy with it. She told me that she has also received a lot of compliments. I took a closer look at the bike, and noticed how good the fit, and finish was on it. No surprises why she got so many kudos.

I did mention to her that I participate in a folding bike discussion group, and had mentioned the Barcelona here, but in retrospect, I should have invited her to register with Bike Forums, and hopefully participate with us. Maybe I should get my printer running, and print out some business cards with the web address of the forum, and give it to any folder riders I happen to encounter while I'm out, and about.

Getting back to the Barcelona, the bike is absolutely beautiful, even more so than the photos on Citizen Bike's website.

On a side note, last week, on that same bike trail, there was another girl riding a Citizen Gotham (the older model), about 20-30 yards or so in front of me. I was on my folder (Qile Duo), and had to really push myself pretty hard to gain any distance on her. I finally got to within 15-20 feet of her but by then, I was, let's say, a bit winded! She once again pulled away from me, and couldn't help but think that in addition to the fact that she was probably about half my age, the Gotham is a faster bike than mine. I guess there should be no surprises there either.

Edward Wong III
Qile Duo 5 Speed 20" Folder

Last edited by edwong3; 11-15-09 at 05:30 PM.