View Single Post
Old 08-04-02, 09:29 AM
pokey

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lots of frames can be bought that have not been properly prepped. Reaming and facing a BB shell is also an option,but the facing is less important with the new cartridge BB,and I have yet to encounter threads that needed anything other then a little cleanup with a good stiff brush.Frames are sold other than by shops,you know??....Open end wrench ARE too wide for many pedals,not all, it's one of those it depends things.And a Park pedal wrench handle is about 50% longer than the typical 15mm open end wrench.Sometimes leverage is good to have when removing stubborn ones.A cone wrench as suggested by someone else is also a cheezy option. Many people already have a dermel tool if they are any kind of do it yourselfer.If they don't they should have.Note,I Isaid GOOD shop.There are lots of the other kind populated by nose picking,butt scratching, ham fisted hack mechanics.Having been victimised myself made me appreciate doing it myself.If the shop screws up, and it happens, at least they are acountable.

Last edited by pokey; 08-04-02 at 09:35 AM.