View Single Post
Old 11-16-09, 11:39 AM
sauerwald

Bikes: Bianchi San Remo - set up as a utility bike, Peter Mooney Road bike, Peter Mooney commute bike,Dahon Folder,Schwinn Paramount Tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by neilfein
A dedicated trailer may be the way to go for this. Keep in mind that it's a stretch to fit all my stuff in the car, let alone on a trailer.

However, the largest thing I take a long on these jobs is a large metal hand truck. A trailer I could pull around like a cart would be great.
I have a cycletote trailer (see them here) which rolls very easily even with heavy loads partially because the load is balanced over the axles of two full size bike wheels. It disconnects from the bike easily and can be used as a hand truck. Based on what you have said, it would probably take a couple of trips with this sort of trailer to get all of your stuff, or if you got a couple of the trailers, and got someone else to ride to gigs with you.....

Another thing to check out for inspiration is the group 'blind pilot' - they are an indie band who tour by bicycle - check out the cool custom trailer for the upright bass that is in this video: http://vimeo.com/2975715