seanmdo

Bikes: CAAD9, Specialized Transition, Van Dessel Drag Strip Courage

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnKScott
Yeah, but I prefer to stay married

Hey different strokes. But I guarantee you that ain't flyin' in my house. My wife works full time as well and I try to help (at least a little) around the house. My wife needs some time to exercise and do her stuff too. Always school stuff going on with my daughter. When you add that stuff to 50 hours a week for work (conservative with commute), 7 hours a night of sleep (hopefully), fixing meals and eating them etc. there just ain't a whole lot of time left. If I left all of that stuff to my wife (I know some guys who do) I'd be a divorced, less than mediocre, bike racer (I know some of those too - though they are usually a lot less mediocre than me ).

All that said. I'm EXTREMELY lucky to get more than 8 hours a week in. Last week was a good week. I got almost 10.5 hours in with almost 9 of that on the bike. And that only because I worked a deal with my boss to let me take long lunches a couple times a week while the weather is nice because I need to burn some personal time off before year end or lose it. 6-8 hours is more the norm and about all our household can bear. More power (literally) to those who can find more hours for training. I'm sure I'll be trying to suck your wheels next summer .
I hear you... I don't have kids and my wife actually works more hours than I do (although her paycheck doesn't show it). Thus, I pretty much do all the cooking (which has the added benefit of me controlling the diet). I do most of my riding/training in the a.m. before work and we have the evenings together and the weekends (after about 11 am when I get back from long rides) so it works out. Obviously, if we had kids, something would have to change.... but until then....