View Single Post
Old 03-25-05, 11:12 PM
christian_piper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey all! I'm new here, and I apologise for my title that does not really fit my question I couldn't come up with anything better....

I am a student, freshman in high school next year, and I love to bike. I have a 24 speed Trek mountain bike, nice, but pretty low end. (AKA- Cost under $400)

I have put on a rear rack and a couple of lights, but that is really it. I do not want to have a full commuting bike, as I trail ride / commute / race / off road. I want to upgrade my bike, and add accesories like bar extenders. I just want a real nice riding bike. However, I have no knowlege of any of this and searching the internet has had no results exept this forum!

Basically, I want to turn my bike into a high end one, that is also a bit more optimized for commuting, and I need reading material on what components are best, and accesories. Even more basic- I have no clue on what is good and what is bad

I am not adverse to replacing every single piece of my bike- as long as I can do it slowly and keep my black/silver color scheme.

And a specific quick question- what is a cheap STRONG standard water bottle holder? The one I have been using has broken twice.

My bike on photobucket- http://photobucket.com/albums/y54/christian_piper/

Thank you!

Last edited by christian_piper; 03-25-05 at 11:38 PM.