Old 03-26-05, 11:25 AM
roadwarrior

Bikes: Cannondale EVO, CAAD9, Giant cross bike.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jazzy_cyclist
SD69 -- can you describe in more detail what is different between the LBS fitting versus "real" fitting? I've read so many conflicting things on fittings that it's sounding like black magic to me.
About $150 worth of detailed information and about 3 hours of time...like most everyone, people want to pay $200 for a $2,000 suit. Mostly because they do not understand WHY it's a $2,000 suit.
A bike's a bike....

No it's not...

It's the Performance Bike mentality and when it does not work, it's the bike shop's fault.

Funny stuff...

To the FLA guy....when you leave our operation, you leave with a total computer readout on your pedal stroke before and after the bike is adjusted. How you look is not important. How efficent your pedal stroke becomes is vital. We can not only measure your power throughout each revolution, but tell you if you are favoring one leg over another (percentage of your total power, say 50-50, 48-52 etc...) and how much you actually use your total stroke, push and pull on the upward side. How much of that circle is being used and tweak your fit to maximize that total stroke. All computerized. And you can watch it on the monitor.
Tyler Hamilton has the ugliest pedaling stroke I have ever seen. Looks horrible on tape.
It's not important.

Last edited by roadwarrior; 03-26-05 at 12:59 PM.