Old 11-24-09, 11:57 PM
lancer1558

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
jimx, I think the problem is with Performance and their business practice.
My story: At the end of October, I went to Performance store and ordered the Mongoose Maurice, price was $299 less $50 discount per ad on Performance website. I ordered eventhough they added $30 for shipping charges. I put down 50% at the store with the balance to be paid on delivery. As I left the store and looked closer at the receipt, the recipt was showing $299 and sales tax on this figure, not the discounted price on the website. When I went to pick-up the bike I brought up error on the receipt. I said I would pay $249 ($50 discount), $30 shipping for a total of $279 plus tax not $299 plus tax.
Obviously, the manager and I got into an argument and he finally agreed to the original website price when I ordered the bike. I also had a copy of the Performance website ad with the Mongoose pricing in-hand.
As far as I am concerned Performace is a bait and switch outfit. Little stock in the store.
The Performance store in Santa Monica is a far cry from what the Supergo independentally/owned store was a few years ago.
Gary