View Single Post
Old 11-25-09, 11:55 AM
cb400bill
Administrator

Bikes: Fuji SL 2.1 (carbon fiber), Pinarello Stelvio (steel), Cannondale Synapse (aluminum)

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1226 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained

I didn't get a free bike today.

A few weeks ago I spied a bike secured to the bike rack at a local store(non bike shop). I don't know how long it had been there before I noticed it. After seeing still there day after day, getting rained on etc., last weekend I stopped to check it out.

It was a blue Giant Perigee, in my size, and probably from the early 90's. It was in OK condition with some paint sc****s, beat up saddle, and torn bar tape, but it was complete. Chromo main tube frame, Shimano 300 and Biopace components, On Monday, I stopped into the store to inquire about it but the manager wasn't in.

Today, I stopped and the manager was in. As the bike rack is not near the stores front door, I asked her if she knew the was there and if she wanted it removed. She said that yes, she knew it was there but had forgot about it. It belongs to a part time employee and she thanked me for reminding her about it. She was going to call him and have him remove it.

I gave her my name and number in case it becomes available. Darn, it would have been nice flip material.