Old 11-25-09, 02:48 PM
elTwitcho
Live without dead time

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dubbs5050
I literally hope you lose all your money and family and die hungry and alone...you deserve it.
When you allow someone to make you angry, you allow them to control you.

Originally Posted by the_don
I think I was trying to get across the point of "the career potential of being a messenger is not very good."

I ain't an investment banker, I don't make a load of cash at the moment and I work hard, but I know that if I keep at it I will get more money in the future and hopefully earn enough to buy an apartment and have a family. I am sure there are stories of people who set up their own messenger company and made a lot of cash, congratulations. But that isn't really typical lifestory story of the job and he is clearly not a loser. I must add that in many areas, you find losers who never seek to improve themselves and are content to just get by, drinking and partying and not thinking of the future.

For the record, I have nothing against messengers and if i was younger, at uni or looking for my first career job I would probably love to work for a while, getting to ride and earn a bit of cash. I don't think messengers are losers, but it is more of a side job. If the said messenger was like 40 something and earning just enough to get by to feed and pay for the family, then I would say that is a loser.

Maybe the reason I came across a bit strongly was because there are a few people who post things like "I want to move to the city to become and messenger". I don't know if they plan to do it as a career. Does anyone think that? I don't know. I just wanted to get the message out that if you spend 5 years doing it, then you don't have much employ-ability at the end of it, unless you have moved into the office and are managing the biz or something.
Maybe you came across a bit strongly because some of us (myself included) consider judging somebody by their financial status to be pathetic. Since you continue to do so, I think most people stick by what they said in this thread. I think your perspective is a very unfortunate one and in my eyes, is pretty sad.

Originally Posted by TRaffic Jammer
The mantra for the new millennium should be to fill your heart before your bank account. Passion keeps life going, chasing the buck (unless that's your passion) is at times downright harmful.
Word