View Single Post
Old 11-28-09, 04:47 PM
embankmentlb

Bikes: 3Rensho-Aerodynamics, Bernard Hinault Look - 1986 tour winner, Guerciotti, Various Klein's & Panasonic's

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked 375 Times in 162 Posts
Originally Posted by MChristenson
Bianchi Girl,

Thanks, you are making me think. Our website will have a Project Orientation and Persistence between sessions so that a person can build a new machine from existing components and share it with a dealer for example. When things are not known "constrants" can be put on a "Department" to serve as clues to a dealer what client is looking for.

I have thought about this for restoration projects in t
he past. One reason we are doing this project first on the Bicycle domain is because I have been a life long cyclist and even purchased a Schwinn Le Tour this summer for a restoration project. Somehow this bike is not making it with the Bicycle expert as an ideal machine, he owns a Bianchi but I have no clue which model.

The thing is, right now, we are trying to design the "mold" for future Road Bike instances. For example we have some 20 + attributes for Rims. I'm not the Bicycle expert but typically even a good site will only give 3-4-5 attributes then "hide" only some of those missing attributes in the Description Fields (to computers / not to real experts). Note, we have no intention of taking away the description fields, we just want to gather the information for every one of those attributes possible - therefore the idea of using historical bikes.

BTW I live in Door County - NE Wisconsin where folks typically just trust each other a bit more. I had almost forgotten what it must be like "out there".
I think I just learned a new definition for "out there".