cyclinfool
gone ride'n

Bikes: Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by tsl
Yellow Bike and I went out for a very nice ride this afternoon. The old motor was really in tip-top shape. Everything seemed easy. And we had the mythical tailwind both ways. Winds were from the SSW when we started out, heading north to the lake. Along the lakeshore it was calm a while, then a very faint headwind. Turned around and heading back south, the winds had shifted from the ENE. Got home with 31 miles at 17.6 MPH, and better yet, the motor still felt fresh!
That sounds about like my Sunday ride - a 30 mile loop I do all the time. I took my bike computer off the bike a few months ago, since I have been riding in the dark I have not had the need for it. I can't say for sure but I must have averaged close to 18mph because from the time I went into the garage to get the bike down, put the shoes on and suit up to the time I came back in the door kitchen - bike put away, shoes off was 1 hour 50 minutes. The whole ride I just felt good, no wind in any direction and the hills hardly seemed like they were there at all.