Thread: Took a Tumble
View Single Post
Old 12-03-09, 11:20 AM
caldini

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A short extract from one of my recent journal entries that I thought you might like:

"As I cycled up one of the hills, I heard some thumping music in the distance and I realised there was a party going on at a residence further up. They were playing some pretty decent tunes! At the side of the road was a lad on a mobile phone with a plastic cup of beer in his hand. He noticed me coming up the hill and held out the beer for me to take off him, marathon runner style. I didn't miss the opportunity and went for the beer with a big cheer from the crowd that were milling around outside the house. I successfully grabbed the beer, but then it all went horribly wrong. With only one hand on the steering the bike lurched to the left, then to the right and then back to the left where I finally lost control of the bike and came crashing down in a heap on the floor. The cheer turned to an 'oooh' but I quickly assessed myself and rolled off the bike, raised my fists in the air and shouted 'yay!'. The cheers resumed and I was soon surrounded by a bunch of twenty-somethings checking I was OK and trying to ply me with beer and shots. I was a bit shaky, but I couldn't help laughing. After a short chat and a few beers they pushed me off and I rode to Villamartin in the dark."