View Single Post
Old 03-28-05, 12:01 AM
my58vw
Meow!

Bikes: Trek 2100 Road Bike, Full DA10, Cervelo P2K TT bike, Full DA10, Giant Boulder Steel Commuter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have seen these, and they are a little far for the most part, i.e. more than 1 hour to ride 30 mile is not my calling of a training ride. Around here we have Tuesday and Thursday fast night training rides, 25 miles 21MPH+ pace approx with 3000 feet of climbing. On Saturday we have the raincross ride, an absolutly killer pace training ride with varying speeds and difficulties and the Sunday rides which are 30 - 60 miles at speeds averaging 20 - 23 MPH.

Unfortunitly I do not get to ride on Saturdays. Starting in a few weeks there are training crits in Redlands on Thursday I am going to start going to. On the other days I do independent riding, either big base aerobic rides averaging 18 - 20 MPH or intervals.

Some of those rides look run though, except the maltose ride. I may try and come out for Bud's ride a few times but it is still 35 miles from my house.

I know I have a long way to go but that is fine for the first season. These 4/5 races are very tough as most of the riders are cat 4 (vs 5) and the pace is killer. Right now I feel good about my riding but it is time to build and get stronger.