Old 12-06-09, 09:01 PM
Tomo_Ishi
Riding Engineer

Bikes: Kiyo Kiyo Kiyo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think all this crap is due to very few people among us who confuse being "cool" and just being a blatant violator of traffic safety in a busy city with a lot people. (Notice I don't say "traffic law")

I saw a brake-less messenger last week going up a busy congested hilly traffic right on the center line and suddenly made across the incoming (down-going) traffic. An incoming taxi driver slammed brake and saved that day. The fool went off as if nothing happened. +1000 for the taxi driver. I mean not even a honk.

But then, I see plenty of crazy "braked" people on cycling jerseys completely oblivious to their surroundings and traffic condition. Totally ignore signals without looking around for traffic. I think they think people would avoid em because of flashy jerseys or something. And, most importantly they get unnecessarily and dangerously competitive. Crazy, some them even form a start line at the cross-section and sprint at the traffic light ... all in heavy traffic area.

I think it ain't about brake-less, it's about being mature and maintaining safety of yourself and other people. If you can do that, I am completely fine whether if you have brake or not. Don't be reckless either way though. You can't win against the will of the heavy metal or hard pavements. (Oh ... and don't crash into me)