View Single Post
Old 12-08-09, 09:33 AM
old and new

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
It's about an '84. It's 700 wheels. in those days, a year or so later such bikes were marketed as Triathlon Worthy and they were. Bianchi, Cent., Miyata who made your bike ; as well as other Co.s got in on the Tri act. Yours is a 710ish 310 kind of. Univega were at times in some models virtually identical to their respective Miyatas but not always. Yours seems not exact to a 710. Anyway, it's a VERY worthy bike as even the 310s were essentilly ABOUT as "good" as a same 710 judging from the fleet I have.
A serial # can determine the birthday of the frame or bike within 2 yrs. of accuracy. I don't care, you shouldn't either. The Mang. forks are OK and the Cyclones work well. I myself wouldn't take the cold-set trip for reasons that I don't feel like explaining. I feel so nuetral about it that I only mention it 'cause others have. There's nothing "wrong" with the drivetrain or the brales. I've shread many a tire on that sort of bike after having ridden through a puddle as well. What else can one ask from one's brakes ?

I strongly suggest that you pay attention to all that spathfinder3408 has written. Read everybody's, all of it. He gets down to the nuts and bolts and share's much the same as I do. The bike can be made to reach a twenty two pound wt., with pedals, W/O a great deal of expenditure. For now, if I were you, I would go spathfinder's route. Lightening it up will take dif. wheels etc. so..... leave it at that.