View Single Post
Old 12-09-09, 04:16 PM
possiblecrit

Bikes: fuji, specialized, sanwa

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I know, total stupid overkill. no it's not a nice post, and the frame is about 45% rust but everytime i walked by i could hear it... mocking me. i was after the post for my winter bike build so the priority was to preserve the post if possible at the frame's expense. tried soaking in ammonia, coca cola, pblaster, no luck. I did however find a little rusty piece of paper inside the seat tube after i cut it open with a previous owners name, address, ph # and serial #'s. Thinking about sending him a letter of apology

good advice rccardr. I will try that next, I haven't quite given up yet, even though the post is probably unusable at this point. I did actually get it to rotate a little bit with a pipe wrench on the head of the post and the headtube of another junk frame on the wrench for leverage (just moved in, vice isn't installed yet. frames make surprisingly good cheaters) and started the dance of victory when i realized... the clamp was just rotating on the post! Gar! I think that's when the saw came out.

And Gene, I should have some better cantilevers than those in the basement if you do need a set.