Missbumble 
I'm a Cyclist!

Bikes: Specialized Dolce Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by 5kdad
I'm down 12.8 pounds in less than 5 weeks, from 221 to 208.2 this morning.
On November 8, I began a 28 day vegan diet. Today is day 32. Several things came to a head that day. In 2008, I lost 41 pounds, from 245 to 204, mostly do to biking and diet drugs. Then last winter, I gained back 15. This year I've biked over 2,200 miles, and didn't loos a pound! With winter approaching, I began to get a panic that I might once again have a 15 pound gain. I decided to not wait til January 1, but instead maybe head off part of the problem, by starting an early diet.
I see a Dr Oz show, where he put a "meat and potatoes" cowboy on a 28 day vegan diet. He had great health improvements in just those 28 days. So then I decided, I can do that. So for the last month, I've had no meat, dairy, candy, soda pop (except for one piece of cake and one piece of pie). The strangest feeling, after 3 weeks, I'm began to eat less, and not really crave anything. For Thanksgiving, while everyone had turkey, dressing, pumpkin pie, etc., I found fruits and veggies, plus had a fairly good micro waved tv dinner.....brown rice and veggies.
Normally a chocolate-aholic, I've not craved it for the past couple of weeks. I know for biking, a vegan diet is probably not a good long term plan, but going to stick with it awhile, til i get my weight down. Then I may incorporated some fish and meat back into the diet.
OK So tell us what ypou are eating!!! Great Job!