Old 03-28-05, 08:03 PM
Wheel Doctor
Ride it, don't fondle it!

Bikes: Raleigh M80, Bacchetta AERO, Bacchetta GIRO, BikeE, 83' TREK 970, Catrike Speed, IRO Fixie/SS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by phidauex
Excellent, thanks for all the info.

I was thinking about just cutting the spokes myself and using a die to thread them (I've got a pretty good die set), but I figured that sounded too easy.

Sounds like the Phil Wood's cutter doesn't take too long, which is good, because it means I won't pay much to have mine cut.

Wheel Doctor, if you had your way, how would the spokes be marked for cutting on the Phil Wood? Would just a black sharpie line around the spoke at the cut point be best? Or a small piece of tape wrapped around it or something? I'd like to make this as non-tedious as possible for my cutter.

I've been having more fun on my silly bikes these days than my regular ones. I'm building up a double decker right now that should be really comfortable to ride, good geometry. Its amazing how the height of a bike doesn't really change how it fundamendally operates.. It just makes getting on and off more difficult.

peace,
sam
All he needs to know is the lengths in mm. There is a scale on the machine. I check the cut length with a spoke ruler.