Location: I live in a rural canyon in unincorporated Los Angeles County

Bikes: Giant Mountain Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nahh
hey--

i'm looking at this bike on C-list: http://blacksburg.craigslist.org/bik/1499903904.html

I contacted the seller, and it's supposed to be in good condition/working order.

I'd be using it for a commuter bike/probably a couple local CX races, once or twice a year. maybe turning into my tourer for this summer, but i'd have to see the long distance ride quality first.

so what's this brand like? I looked it up, and it was apparently owned by Raleigh for a while...and known for good lug work. but other than that, what's the quality/weight (compared to say...Scwhinn, Nishiki, etc.) of the frame? Components can be swapped, but i'm hoping for a fairly nice frame without spending way too much.

and, just to play nicely, if this is some randomly amazing buy, please don't try to buy it out from under me, I know I sort of run the risk of that posting the ad for it.
Sounds good to me!

It's the usual crappy pic which is the norm for Craigslist. Better go take look at it quick, to see if there's any damage. I have an old 1974 Raleigh cantilever brake touring frame that was built in their Carelton factory and it rides so smooth. Check to see where the serial number is located on the frame. If it's on the underside of the bottom bracket, it's a Reynolds frame. Get it.