View Single Post
Old 03-29-05, 12:19 PM
chicharron

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by Ol Danl
Thanks for your replies -- sorry it has taken me so long to get back. I guess my motivation will have to be fun and fitness. Good to hear from you Atlanta folks. I'll be looking for the North GA ride book -- years ago I rode out there quite a bit with the local club, and I was lost most of the time. I'm feeling a bit pumped already. Hope it doesn't rain this weekend.
Like others before me have said, you will be motivated to do somthing if its somthing that you enjoy and somthing that you want to do. If you think of it as somthing that you "should do because its good for you," then you are doomed for failure.

Try going out and purchasing a bike that you really really want. A bike that feels good to ride. Then just get on it and ride. The more you do it, the easier it comes, and you find your own kind of riding that you like.

some are road bike riders, and ride on long trips, with all the fancy clothes, and ride in groups out of town. And others, like me are urban warriers, on hybrid commuter bikes, shorts, and tennis shoes, on urban bike trails. I ride alone or with my daugheters.

You will find your own style. The important thing is to enoy it, and just do it. It will become a part of you.

Rock on-